Copy Sound issue?

Hi everyone !

I sometimes encounter an odd behavior when I try to copy a sound from the Sound menu (accessed via Function + Mute). The manual isn’t particularly clear about the subject, neither on page 17 (6.4 COPY, CLEAR AND PASTE) nor on page 31 (10.5 SOUND MENU) is it clearly mentionned that copy/paste functions are available here, yet I seem to remember that I was able to do it at some point. Now, when I press Function + Rec, I see the message “COPY PATTERN”, even if I’m clearly in the sound menu. The same goes for the Track page (Function + Chromatic), copy and paste operations are affecting only the pattern. The manual doesn’t explicitly mention that you can copy/paste a pattern from the pattern menu, at least not on page 41.

Pictures to illustrate :

Reboot didn’t change anything. Is anyone experiencing the same problem ? Any ideas ? Could I be completely missing the obvious ? :slight_smile:

Cheers,
D.

Is there a copy Sound?
I thought If you are in Record mode, function + Copy will always do a COPY TRACK, and if you are NOT in record mode function + Copy will always COPY PATTERN.

I think you need to go one level deeper into the sound browser/manager and actually highlight the sound you want to copy, then function+rec.
There’s also this:
“The complete Sound, comprised of all its parameter settings, may be copied to another track by first pressing [TRACK] + [RECORD], then selecting the track you want to copy the Sound to using [TRACK] + one of the [PADS], and finally pasting by pressing [TRACK] + [STOP]. Note that the Sound can only be pasted to a track that is compatible with the Sound (see illustration on page 13).”

3 Likes

There is, the way @Open_Mike is pointing out (page 29 in the manual), and I’m glad we do !

I suppose I must be mistaken and probably made up this extra copy sound functionality in the sound menu. Actually, now that I think of it, the normal way ([TRACK] + [RECORD]) is fast enough that we wouldn’t need another way to do it from that menu, so that’s probably why it’s not there. Oh well, that’s what you get for making music until 3am when you need to be at work at 9. Blame @Ryan and his track challenge :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I did the same thing last. :smiley: