Copy/Import patterns + samples from other project

Hello
Is it possible to copy/import patterns with there associated samples from one project into another?

For example, I have setup a specific click track which has some intricate programming and sample use in one project - can I import that into another project?
Thanks

Yes itā€™s possible.
Copy / paste pattern
Copy / paste part
Load samples in corresponding slots

The samples have to be in the same slots otherwise you have to reassign them.

2 Likes

Cool - it works! Thanks!
Saved me loads of time!

1 Like

For my understanding, you need to copy the pattern, change project, paste, then re-open the main project, copy parts, change project, pasteā€¦ or is there a quicker way ?

Thats how I did it. Open a project, copy, open the other project, paste.

Faster way is to get octaedit!

1 Like
2 Likes

Iā€™ve never tried but I believe @Open_Mike has mentioned more than a few times that you can copy the entire bank, which will include patterns and parts - have to muck around in project menu (ā€˜save current bankā€™) and then use file manager to manually move the saved bank file(s) over to a different project, is not done using the typical copy/paste operation

from pg 34 OT manual

3 Likes

Yepā€¦ Works fine and grabs all 16 patterns and 4 parts of a bank, just not samples so you have to load those to appropriate slots. (I pretty much only use recorder buffers so I donā€™t even have to do that.)

You donā€™t even really need to save the bank first as banks have .work(active state) and .strd(saved state) files. You can just copy/paste the active bank state and thatā€™s how it will load in whatever project you pasted it to.

2 Likes

-Sneaky trick-
You can copy just the saved state banks to a projectX and leave projextXā€™s active banks. When you load projectX it will load itā€™s active banks but by performing ā€œreload bankā€ you load the saved one you copied over. Sort of doubling OTs banks per projectā€¦ :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Me too! :smile:
Copy / paste bank is not practical with OT only, pretty easy with a computer.
Setting up the OT to perform live with

1 Like

I wonder if this work after you saved the projectā€¦:thinking:

1 Like

Itā€™s not that bad on OT, you just open file manager copy/paste some stuff and load project. Thatā€™s how I did it, without a computer, didnā€™t take long at all. A ton less time than copy/pasting a ton of patterns and parts between projectsā€¦

Need to test more about reload project with that above mentioned sneaky trick scenario, I think it reloads to the saved state banks you copied overā€¦

1 Like

Trickier if you want to replace a bank with a bank having a different number.
Project 1, bank 1 > Project 2, bank 2

Copy bank 1, paste in another folder without banks, rename it bank 2, copy it, delete Project 2 bank 2, paste bank 2 (former Project 1 bank 1).

Doable, but not practical.

1 Like

I think Project Save overwrite Bank Save, so you canā€™t reload it.

I never used Bank save, but Bank Reload can be usefull if you modified 2 banks, want to reload 1 but not the whole project.