Cool hardware audio processing units

And MPX-1 for multi-fx chains on a budget.

Which vcv plugin is the erbeverb clone?

Worth the price of admission for eurorack alone.

5 Likes

90’s idm lushness :slight_smile: Has the midiverb 3 the same effects?

Plateau by valley audio

1 Like

Sorry but you say " as an alone module" ?
Or just for an eurorack use :?

with new 4ms pods you can build tiny and mid sized pedal type processors w/eurorack modules. get an i/o module, some modulators, some fx, envelope follower or a midi clock sync module and you can do a lot.

https://4mscompany.com/pods.php

or for $150 get a tiptop happy ending kit and put it in a rack or build a little case for it.

5 Likes

Oh. WOW. Yassss! Very clever!

Yea. They took so damn long to release these since they were announced that I ended up buying a whole new case instead! Also crap that they didn’t make one that you could use for the Rainmaker, which is what everyone wanted. Nice idea though.

You could use it alone to process external signals, but could probably do with something like the gozinta to bring up external levels to euro levels. Others would argue that you’d need something to modulate it as well, but i barely ever use any modulation on it, and absolutely love it. Could easily work just on its own. Highly recommend it. :slight_smile:

OTO Bim and Bam

2 Likes

For those keeping track at home (to my knowledge):

Rings = Audible Instruments’ Resonator
Erbeverb clone = Valley’s Plateau
Buchla 296e clone = either Hora Spectral Processor ($18) or VCV Spectra, which has a ‘vintage 296e’ mode ($30)

1 Like

Have…

• Alesis Quadraverb
  • BOSS SE-70
  • BOSS RSD-10

Like them quite a bit. “That” sound.
Looking for a cool compressor some day. When there is an income again.

1 Like

yep and:

buchla 281e, serge usg, = nsythi complex DAHD
make noise maths -friedrichsaudio floats
Model 266e = nsythi SOU
Easel - nysthi 208 5 steps, envelope, pulser, random
buchla delay 277 - nysthi model 277 delay
make noise dpo -msm oscix
verbos harmonic vco - dbiz verbo
doepher PIL -frozenwasteland phased locked loop
make noise rene -dbiz bene
rainmaker - frozenwasteland Portland weather and hair pick
mi elements - audible modals synth
mi clouds - audible texture synth, or south pole smoke
buchla easel - Arturia easel V via vcv host module

and on it goes!!!

5 Likes

I knew some but not all of these - amazing! Thanks :slight_smile: (Make Noise DPO in software is like a late xmas present)

Just bought the Source Audio Ventris and Nemesis bundle. Absolutely amazing! So much experimenting to be done. Sound is anywhere from absolutely Blade Runner intense to Avantgarde weird glitch. Just laughing to myself playing a simple waveform on the Digitakt and turning it into a monster soundscape. Haven’t even got into the midi stuff yet.

4 Likes

Enjoy using them.
Also Check out fp.ComplexOscillator 1.03 dpo for max for live - this is a dpo clone and one of the best dual vco clones I’ve ever heard.
Hopefully it will ported to vcv rack.

1 Like

Well off the beaten path on this, i see that Yves Usson will make his diffYUseur available sometime in the middle of 2019. [Thread here.] The diffYUseur was made to recreate the sound of the Ondes Martenot mechanical diffusers. I love the “old-fashioned” sound of this. Also attention DIYers.

2 Likes

Nope. Only the II.

Can be so interesting … Even modulating it with the A4 CV gate tracks…
This intellijel, clouds MI and some Erikasynth FX are really pickin me up…

What about eurorack levels ? Is it necessary to use a module to input sounds in a module like the intelijel ?