Convenience

Today I release “Convenience”. A sort of “best-of” from the music I’ve made the past 3 years that sorta revolve around a theme I wasn’t aware of at the creation of each track.

Individual tracks are available for free download, but downloads of the album comes with “Convenience Art”. A collection of poems from the point of view of a cringey self-obsessed “artist”.

Also listenable from soundcloud. And I’m currently working on moving things onto the streaming services for your listening pleasure.

Thank you

10 Likes

holy hell, overbridge and @Ryan sharing music in the same week.

listening now, i dig it.

4 Likes

One hell of a sales pitch… :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve never worked harder on any of my writing. I’m both proud and ashamed of these writing pieces for the reason of: I hit what I was aiming for on this. :smiley:

4 Likes

The joke of this one being where the author starts out appearing to talk about the sailboats and the sailors and then crudely transitions it to self-complementary writing.

:smiley:

Don’t worry, it’s a self deprecating tone I always end up at too!

Enjoyed the tracks though from the quick listen I had. Will have to check them out properly asap!

1 Like

If you like that, then you’ll probably get a kick out of the notion that I wrote a scathing review of the album to try to pitch to local papers.

The theme around the album I was shooting for was one of criticism.

I don’t have the right connections to make this ploy work, so I’ll probably just mess around with the html of Pitchfork and take a screenshot of it :smiley:

4 Likes

:rofl: brilliant!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, will check it for sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is so refreshing. Not trying to be anything else or conform to a hot genre. It is its own thing. Such a great reset for my ears.

2 Likes

:hearts:

Thank you for the response. I’m happy you’re enjoying it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

dear ryanisprettycool,

i finally had time to listen to your tracks attentively and I like them all a lot.
A lovely, unforced, beautiful vibe throughout the whole album. Nice IDM elements without being too complicated, but keeping them quite straight, make it a very enjoyable listen.
My favorites are Sealady (has a bit of this childish, playful early aphex melodies), Alone and especially Time Addiction, which is really beautiful. Another highlight was the second part of Float, when the spoken sample and breakbeat are introduced.

The choice of sounds speaks to me in general.

Keep it up!

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’m glad that you enjoyed them! :slightly_smiling_face:

Just seeing this! Congrats!! I’ll have a proper listen later.

1 Like

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face: