Controlling the Minitaur with midi cc from digitakt

Hey!
I was thinking of adding the minitaur to my setup. Anybody has got experience with controlling it via the digitakt? As far as I understood, it is possible to “create presets” by saving cc values on the digitakts midi sequencers. Am I right in that assumption? Or is it even easier and you can change presets via programm channes as it does with the software?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

yes, you can fill it with presets and send PGM change messages to change preset.

4 Likes

I second this. I’ve used Minitaur quite a bit with the DT. Mostly, just using program changes for my Minitaur Presets. I don’t really bother tons of CC values on the DT midi pages… really depends on what you want to modulate or access from the DT’s knobs.

1 Like

Best thing is you can of course p-lock pgm change, so you can have a different patch every step :wink:

Or use a couple of channels and trigless trigs/ conditionals and have it flipping patch all over the place

1 Like

Yes, you can send CC to the Minitaur and use the Digitakt presets as your synth presets. When doing so, always keep a pattern with a step that has Plocks for your desired preset (to keep you from accidentally changing it later).

1 Like

thanks! got it now, but the manuals midi implementaion chart still says program changes do not work. can you tell me the cc for that?

Your knob settings for your CC outputs (on the Digitakt) save with your pattern/project. There is no need for program change. At this time, there is no CC value for Program Change on the Minitaur.

While the chart in Appendix A of the original Minitaur manual says that Program Change messages are not recognized, a later firmware revision (2.1) added this capability. The function is described in both an addendum to the manual and a separate document that you can download from Moog’s website.

So you can use Program Change messages to call up presets on the Minitaur.

4 Likes

what Peter said!

1 Like

3 years late to the party, but changing programs on my Minitaur from. my Syntakt works great. I just wish I could find an easy way to manage patches on the Minitaur. The editor seems buggy.

Yeah, the editor is just like that in my experience. I had better luck learning the under-the-hood controls using GLIDE as a shift /function button, and only using the editor when absolutely necessary.

1 Like