Controlling Reaper with Digitakt through MIDI

Hi all! I’m new here, just dipping my toes into MIDI for my live show setup so forgive me if this is a newbie question. I have looked everywhere and can’t really find an answer for what I’m looking for so I thought I’d ask here.

I’d like my Digitakt to be the master in controlling Reaper. I’m going from Digitakt --> a mio XM --> Ethernet switch --> computer (via ethernet only, no USB - I’d like to avoid USB since the computer won’t be on stage with me and the digitakt). I’ve set it up in “External Timecode Synchronization” in Reaper and the Digitakt is setup to send MIDI out in it’s configurations, but when I press play on the Digitakt, nothing happens. Reaper can see the MIDI device on a MIDI track when I play it but something won’t let the Digitakt control the DAW.

Any thoughts? Is there something I missed?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Have you gone into the Digitakt’s midi options and set it to send transport?

Yes I have :frowning: I have all of these checked off:

• Clock send
  • Transport Send
  • Prog Ch Send

I’m sorry then, I have no experience in the matter, just thought it worth asking! The only logical thing I can think of otherwise is seeing if there is a setting in Reaper regarding the receiving of transport from external devices.

That’s okay, thanks anyways! I’ll keep digging around in Reaper’s settings and see what I can find.

It’s been years since I’ve looked at this, so I hesitate to share, but the key map in this post should help to get you started? I haven’t even taken advantage of this set up since I made this video, but here I’ve got the Digitakt controlling several of Reaper’s functions. I hope it helps you, and me one day when I want to relearn this set up

AH just seeing this. Thank you so much for sharing! I’ll definitely check out the setup. Appreciate it!