Controlling Octatrack with Looptimus

Hello.

This is my first posting. I am a performing musician ( drummer ) and i am planning to use Octatrack as live instrument ( loops, backing tracks etc. ). I am switching from Ableton Live.

I have Looptimus midi control pedal and i would like to use it to change song parts ( patterns? ). Do anyone have experience controlling Octatrack with Looptimus?

I don’t have a Looptimus but according to its instruction manual it can send MIDI Program Change messages and MIDI Note messages.

You can use Program Change messages to select patterns on the Octatrack. You can use Note messages to play samples over a limited range of pitch, to play tracks, and to control track recorders and pickup machines. The full details are given in Appendix C of the manual.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer. I received my Octatrack and now i am digging in to the settings, of course it will take some to learn settings.

2 Likes

Now it works, i can change patterns with Looptimus. Setup was very easy, i use midichannel 10 on both devices and checked program change receive -box on OT.

Pattern A1 = 00, A2 = 01 etc.

I can give further details if needed.

5 Likes

Hi, this unit looks great, does it also work with pickup machine loop recording?

Check if you can send notes in red below with that controller…

Hello im thinking about buying looptimus
But did u manage to map de cc exp pedal to control escenes for exsmple??
Because i dont know how exp mapping works if the looptimus only send pc and notes and no cc!? Thanks!!!

Hello im thinking about buying looptimus
But did u manage to map de cc exp pedal to control escenes for exsmple??
Because i dont know how exp mapping works if the looptimus only send pc and notes and no cc!? Thanks!!!

Hi do u think it s possible to mapp the exp pedal to control the escenes fader of the ot?

MIDI CC message 48 will control the OT’s crossfader.

I don’t have a Looptimus, and its documentation doesn’t clearly state whether an expression pedal can be mapped to a MIDI CC message. Perhaps you could ask the manufacturer.

1 Like