Controlling MIDI Track CC's Remotely

sorry, i was out for a while and didnt see your replies. thank you very much! tho it unfortunately means indeed, that auto channel is the way to go…

1 Like

Hi, sorry to dig out this old thread but I just have the same problem and after a lot of testing and thinking I didn’t find a solution and would like to ask if it’s really not possible to use just an external MIDI device to control the MIDI parameters (like transpose, notes) (even with a workaround) as long as Autochannel is on and the active track is selected?

I have 4 voices on my modular, controlled by the MIDI channels of the OT.Now if I want to simulatively transpose or change a note on, say, all 4 channels, it would be tedious to 4 times first change the channel, then change the notes, and do it all on the beat.

Is there a workaround that would solve this problem? Without that, sequencing would not work for me in a live situation, unfortunately.
:cry:

Welcome.

Possible on active track only, unfortunately.
Auto channel, CC DIRECT CONNECT off.

feature-request@elektron.se

Midi processor maybe.

Hi, thank you sezare56! Thats a good info, i will open a feature request, also it simplifies my decision what to control with the external midi controller :slight_smile:

How would a midi processor help here? A problem is, that i use the scale function of the sequencer, so if i would change the midi values afterwards, it wouldn’t be in tune!

Thx!