Control Octatrack with Analog Heat, Ableton

Hey Nauts.

I am trying to control my octatrack with Ableton through the Analog Heat mk2 via Midi.
I would like to be able to mute different tracks, change parameters etc. Is this possible with the Heat?

I know it doesn’t pass through midi notes for example, but it does pass through CC it seems.
But can I send midi to several mid channels at once?

or it seems like the knobs on the Heat sends midi CC, and that I cant pass CC through Ableton to the Octatrack.
Do I understand this correctly?

@Frewim If you want to control AH and OT from Ableton Live, you can use AH midi THRU, which sends back what comes in.

ABL out > AH in
AH thru > OT in

1 Like

ok!
I tried that, but it was strange, couldnt get clock from the Heat that way. But then user error definitely and will check my settings. Thanks!

Normal. Using Thru will only send what comes In from ABL.
Clock should be sent from ABL.(I don’t use/know ABL enough for advices in that concern)

…why would u like to do that ?

u can do anything regarding such things directly on the ot itself…u can remote the whole ot via midi cc’s set up and pulled by ableton…so, where’s the advantage to transform the heat into a remote controler…?

2 Likes

True. I tried to awser original question, but I’d rather use OT between ABL and AH. Then you can use OT midi tacks to pass midi data from ABL and send clock via OT midi out, plus OT sequences.
Some particular settings needed, like set audio tracks midi channels to off, they have to be different ones from midi track’s channels (MIDI > CHANNELS)
Not simple !

1 Like