Control MIDI track parameter with ext. controller

Hi everyone! I need a little help with a MIDI controller assignment… I would say I’m fairly experienced with this, but I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong.

My setup: Faderfox UC4 [MIDI OUT] > [MIDI IN] Digitakt [MIDI OUT] > [MIDI IN] Octatrack

My goal: controlling parameters on the Digitakt (done) and also a few other parameters from the Octatrack…

Now, I know that if I wanted to control the OT without any other configuration I would need to use DT’s THRU, but then again, that way I wouldn’t be able to send transpose/tempo control to the OT (and I don’t think I should need a merger for what I’m about to explain).

So what I expected to do (and I’ve remember doing with the OT in the past) is mapping a MIDI CC on a DT track, so I can control the DT, and the DT would control the OT…

in this case, I’ve mapped the OT crossfader - and it works fine when controlling the OT from the DT… but for some reason I can’t get the DT to recieve MIDI from the controller on it’s MIDI tracks. (it’s receiving MIDI on the audio tracks just fine)

my MIDI CH config:
DT audio tracks: 1 - 8
DT Midi tracks: 9-16
DT AutoCH: 9
OT audio tracks:9-16
OT AutoCH: 9

I’ve tried pretty much all channel combinations… and I don’t understand if I’m missing something…

for example: I’ve mapped one knob on Track H on the DT to the correspondent CC for OT’s crossfader (#48), on CH9. I move the enocoder, the OT responds as expected.
Then I map the controller to the exact same control… MIDI CH 9, CC 48… no luck.

A post was merged into an existing topic: DT MIDI channels controlled by MIDI?