DT MIDI channels controlled by MIDI?

i dont see any CCs for the MIDI channels, but i just made the ASSumption that the CCs for the audio tracks would correspond to the knobs on the MIDI tracks.

example: CC72 = Filter attack time [or the fourth encoder on the filter page of the MIDI track [VAL1]]

but when i try controlling the MIDI control of the DT with a MIDI track on the DN i get a pretty severe hang. tempo triples, cant start or stop anything.

so…is this supposed to be doable? you can assign MIDI channels to the the MIDI tracks…but is it supposed to werk, or is my crash to be expected?

and am i asking this question in a clear enough way…or does this just read as gibberish?

Check your manual, Pg 43

12.4 FLTR PAGE (CC VALUE)

Here you can set the values of up to eight assignable CC commands. The default value of the parameters on this page is OFF, meaning they are disabled and will not send out any data. Press and hold [FUNC] and then press the DATA ENTRY knobs to enable them.

1 Like

DAMN IT…

ya i see it. it was off my screen. the opened doc was below the edge of my screen :confused:
thanks.

and yes…it does conform to the filter page values. BUT i still get SUPER bad crashes.
trying to resolve with filters in Logic ENV.

so im sending from DN CC71 to channel 10 on the DT which should control VAL 2 on the DT.
DT MIDI channel A is set to channel 10.

i see the data in the LOGIC ENV, the DN is sending correctly, but the DT isnt getting it.

any ideas? currently stumped.

Is anything else on 10 ? , fx , global or another midi channel ?

What is ch10 going out to and is that device routed back to logic ( midi loop ??)

DT MIDI track A Out on channel 1 to Logic, Logic to DT track 1 In channel 1.

[DT MIDI track set to rec on channel 10]
DN MIDI track 2 Out on channel 10 to Logic, Logic to DT MIDI track A In channel 10

Nothing else is set to channel 10.
I see data coming from DN in Logic ENV [in picture].
But DT doest seem to recieve it.

sounds like a MIDI feedback loop

The way i have routed in the environment, there is no possiblity of a feedback loop.

Initially, i think that was happening cuz i was just routing midi through midi tracks. That was compounding the issue.

But now im routing directly to the box in the env, and filtering out any all all data that isnt what i want to come thru. No more crashes. But the midi info coming from the DN, shows up in Logic, but is not registering in DT. I think i have an idea that im gonna try later. Starting to think its cuz im using two midi inst nodes for one box. I need one multi in with filters to the DT

oh well…seems like its a bug. control of VAL params from external MIDI currently doesnt werk.

You can only control midi tracks with Auto Channel, and only the midi track selected.

i cant seem to do even that

NOT entirely sure why i spent so much time trying to sort that out. i have other ways i can do what i wanna do :confused:

adding i was told directly that control of VAL params was a broken.

whats the point of being able to assign a channel to each MIDI track then?
im just trying to figure this out.

get get all the data…i just cant send it to the MIDI tracks no matter what i do.
[why am i still trying? :confused: ]

You assign a channel so you can control an external midi instrument. You’re assigning channel out, not channel in. Channel in is only whatever you’ve selected for auto channel, and whichever active midi track is selected.

do you have this werking with USB…i cant [taking your direction]
im trying with MIDI cables right now.

thanks for helping by the way

Yes. DT midi is set to USB and Midi. I have a midi track in Ableton outputting midi channel 14 (my DT auto channel) to the DT. I have a bass line on it with a soft synth. I want to record midi clip (32steps) to a track on the DT to play my Minitaur without a computer later. DT is slaved to ableton. I select midi track 1, record enable, and go for 2 bars. It’s now on the DT miditrack 1, outputting midi channel 1 and passing through to the moog, receiving on channel 1.

1 Like

ya not werking

i have auto channel now set to 10
midi A set to 10
DN sending channel 10 CC 71 [which should control VAL2 on DT MIDI track A]

doesnt werk

i just have filters there to make sure all that goes thru is just what i want.

i have MIDI track A selected.

Do you have Val 2 in DT midi A enabled? (Mine is not infront of me, but I’m pretty sure you have to turn each knob “on” )

ya VAL2 is enabled in the DT

VAL1 is controlling sample start
VAL2 is controlling tune

i want MIDI track 2 on the DN to control VAL2 on the DT.
i tried having another MIDI track in the DT do it. i tried setting up a external MIDI track in Logic to control it. nothing affects the VAL controls.

I’ve hit a wall in my mind’s eye. I don’t know when I’ll be able to be back at my studio desk.

Thanks. I was actually told that midi external midi not controlling VAL params in midi tracks was a bug.
It was supposed to be fixed with the last OB beta. But it doesnt seem to be werking for me.

2 Likes