Control All on Digitakt

Hi there,

Just upgraded firmware from 1.10 to 1.11

I noticed in the manual page 17 the following:
“6.2.2 CONTROL ALL
If you press and hold [TRK] and change a parameter setting, this change will affect this parameter in all
the audio tracks in the pattern. Press [NO] before you release [TRK] to revert the parameter changes.”

On 1.10 I used to press FUNC+NO to revert to the temporary saved pattern.

It also states in Release Notes (https://www.elektron.se/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Digitakt_OS1.11_readme.html) that:
“Added the possibility to revert changes made by using the Control all functionality.”

What is the difference?

2 Likes

I have the Digitone which has the same feature. I believe the difference is “Func-No” reverts to saved pattern.
Pressing no before releasing “Track” (“MIDI” for Digitone) reverts to whatever the state of the pattern was before you engaged it, regardless of whether you saved it or not.

So say you have a saved pattern but you tweaked a bunch of parameters. Using the latter method, you could control-all say the filter, then revert back to the pattern with the various tweaked parameters instead of the original saved pattern.
Very useful for live performance.

5 Likes

Got it @Lieder
The second method (1.11) would then allow to revert “step by step”… Nice indeed for live…
Thanks,
V

1 Like

Wow, and thanks to this thread I learned something new today. Thanks vasidudu for asking and @Lieder for answering! :wink:

3 Likes

There is actually a lot of features a little hidden… Like not well explained…
Like in REC mode: to insert a p.lock other than a note, FUNC+TRIG [1-16]

1 Like