Connecting Rytm MK2 and Digitone Keys?

Im thinking about buying a Digitone Keys and wondered if i need any other equipment to have it synced/running with my Rytm MK2? Is it quite easy to connect both machine? I know my way round my Rytm but when it come to linking other machine i get lost?
Thanks for any help.

1 Like

You need a MIDI cable. Then, you meed to configure both machines internally.

You’ll have to decide which one is the Master. From there, it’s all in the MIDI CONFIG menu.

1 Like

Yes, it’s really simple. Each box has a similar midi configuration page, all you need is a midi cable and to turn on a couple settings. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah great news. Thankyou for the help

Welcome aboard! I advise your drums (so, your Rytm, I’m guessing) being master and DN as slave. Connect the Midi Out of AR to Midi In of DN. Go into Midi Config of AR and set it to send clock and transport, same for DN but set it to receive clock and transport (all in one setting on DN, but not sure on AR). Et Voila. Hitting play or stop on AR will do the same on the DN. They will also switch patterns at the same time.

Edit: there is an advantage of going the other way (DN as master, AR as slave) as the DN saves tempo per pattern :wink:

2 Likes

but so too does the Rytm since os 1.50 :wink:

2 Likes

Ooh, I did not know that. Awesome!

1 Like

Ah wonderful. Thanks all

1 Like