Connecting both AR and OP-1 to an iPad through Overhub and CCK

Hi there,
Sorry if the question was already asked, but I was wondering if anyone tried to connect both an AR and another device (OP-1 in my case) to an iPad using a powered Overhub (through a CCK cable).
I’m heavily dependent on Strom with the AR and I would like to use ModStep to control/MIDI record the OP-1, switching between the apps when needed.
Thx in advance

1 Like

I haven’t tried this particular combination of things but if you are using a powered hub it should be fine.

2 Likes

Thx for the info :slight_smile:
I will try that (as sound as I get a power unit for the Overhub)

yep, as long as you provide power it should work fine. Not sure if there will be any benefits using Overhub vs any other hub specifically on iOS. But since you already have one…

Yes, my worries were more towards bandwidth, as a matter of fact. I really use Strom to the maximum, and there are kits and patterns being received all the time. I’m afraid that the addition of ModStep also streaming data on top of that (4 CC channels and MIDI notes to the OP-1) might be too much for just a CCK cable. But I have very little knowledge of the technical aspects behind all that.

1 Like

aye…
there’s no real info from Apple as to how much USB bandwidth there is; all I know is that if you use USB MIDI on iOS with the CCK, it’s slower than on macOS for some reason… seemed like CoreMidi is being throttled. but only done informal tests. Maybe should do some proper testing again since there was some degradation problems with my iPad / iOS installation… things were quite slow/wonky in general, midi connection was among the wonky things. Recently done a full reset and it’s ok again…

2 Likes

I’ll let you know how well or bad it works, just FYI

2 Likes

Hurray, it works!
With no need to configure anything, quite surprisingly.

I just tried very briefly though. I’ll have to put this to test to determine if everything works with a lot of data exchange.

2 Likes