Connect Samples + Cycles (Digitakt)

Hello everyone,

I’m desperate, I just don’t understand how I can connect two devices so that they can best run synchronously.
I’m a complete beginner, all the YouTube videos and forums didn’t help me.

You might find this helpful:

1 Like

I am not sure why “Digitakt” appears in the title of your post. I am going to assume you’re asking how to connect the Model Samples and the Model Cycles so they are synchronized to the same clock. All that’s needed is a cable that connects “MIDI OUT” from one to “MIDI IN” on the other. You also need to enable sending the clock on one device and receiving an external clock (so not sending) on the other; for the Model Samples that’s on page 39 of the manual. That should pretty much do it?

1 Like

I have already read the article, translated it and tried it several times. Nothing happens.

Cycles
MIDI Out

Clk in Off
Clk Out On
PCH In
PCH Out On

Inp from M+U
Out to M+U
Out Pol STD
Out/Thru OUT

Click Gen. OFF
Pre :heavy_multiplication_x:

Samples
MIDI in

Clk in ON
Clk Out OFF
PCH In ON
PCH Out OFF

Inp from M+U
Out to M+U
Out Pol STD

Clk Gen. ON
PRE :heavy_check_mark:

When in doubt, check the midi cables. Also make sure you are using the right midi to trs adapter.

I replaced the MIDI cable.
Now when I press play on the Cycles, the samples start.
But there is no melody from Cycles on the samples

So if that’s what you want to do you have to go and click “mout” on the track menu I think. Then you send MIDI notes out on the corresponding midi channels

I click mout on the TRK MENU But nothing happens :see_no_evil:

Or does it not work the way I imagine?
I thought you could connect both via MIDI and start them synchronously, that already works.
The cycle is currently playing its melody and the samples too. But it doesn’t work that everything is played from one device?!

You want combined audio from those two ? The only way to do that is to add a mixer. Or did I misunderstand ?

I expected too much from MIDI :rofl:… But at least I changed the cable and both have been running synchronously since then.
In the end I realized that I needed a mixer to bundle audio signals. I ordered the mixer straight away.
Now I can sleep peacefully.

Thank you everyone

3 Likes