Confusion over clearing a specific lock

Hey everyone.

I have a track on which a given trig has a parameter lock on trig condition. It also has other parameter locks, e.g. on sample bit rate.

How can I clear just the trig condition lock, but not the others? If I hold the trig then press clear, it clears all locks on that trig.

According to this reply, to clear a specific parameter lock (e.g. trig condition) for a specific trig I should:

• Hold the trig
  • Press the encoder you want to clear (trig condition)
  • Press NO

This does indeed bring up a message saying “Clear trig condition”, but it doesn’t actually do it. When I release the trig, then press and hold it again, the condition override still shows. I expected it to go back to the track’s general setting for trig condition (i.e. unconditional).

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

To remove a parameter lock from a trig just hold the trig and press the encoder once. No need to press no as well.

Holding no and pressing an encoder works in live recording mode so you can remove a locked parameter on multiple trigs in a sequence when the sequence is playing.

3 Likes

Oh yeah! Thanks for that. So what’s the other approach (the one I detailed) for? Many thanks.

Edited my reply to add that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got it, appreciate the quick response.

1 Like

On the A4MK2 this doesn’t work for clearing any p-locks on the note page, I know this is a Digitakt thread but if you can clear conditional locks on a Digi I don’t know why they’ve excluded it from teh A4.

I’ve just revisited this post and reread your reply. I wonder if I could trouble you to elaborate on this part, possibly with an example, as I don’t seem to follow. Thanks a lot in advance.

Holding no and pressing an encoder works in live recording mode so you can remove a locked parameter on multiple trigs in a sequence when the sequence is playing.

live recording mode is how you record motion sequencing by tweaking parameters in real time, motion recording spans across multiple trigs as it is “time based” execution of parameter locking, thus does not necessarily fall onto a single trig. If I’m clear on what you’re asking and what dave is saying in this instance, the point would be to clear more than one trig at the same time as opposed to one by one. This would then be accomplished by entering the time based live recording mode, holding down no, and then pressing the encoder controlling the parameter you’re looking to clear with the transport playing (as it does during live recording mode. That is to say, it would clear trigs across the board because it’s happening in real time. basically like recording “nothing” or a pattern clear over the top of your prior locks, I think.

If I’m incorrect in either instance I’ll leave it to dave or yourself to correct my faux pas, however I believe this is the gist of it.

4 Likes

Thank you, that’s really helpful. I think I need to swot up on live/motion recording - I only ever tend to use step recording so that’s why this is probably a bit new to me.

1 Like