Confirmation setup mono synth > AR Mk2

For a small “outside studio” setup, I want to daisy chain audio from a little mono synth to the external in on the Rytm, to compress it with the mix.

Bit annoyed by how unexpectedly tedious such a simple setup is with the Rytm, but we are getting there. I bought the right mono to duo mono cable to connect to the L+R, so I have a centered sound.

Now I have to decide how to boost the level of the synth, to make it powerful enough for the AR. I have to add some kind of distortion pedal anyway, originally planned in the send/return loop of the synth, but I could put it between the synth and the AR of course. Besides higher noise floor, would this be a workable solution? Just to make sure, before going down that road.

If so, maybe you can recommend a max 200 EUR pedal for this ideal, that ideally has a switchable or dry/wet clean boost and distortion (303 style). Some kind of room/reverb would be a bonus, but not essential.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Amplifier required for mono synth > AR MK 2 ext in/audio in?

Use your existing relevant topic please