Conditional trigs during pattern chains

I want to make one of the looped trig conditions happen, but while pattern chaining is happening. Currently, if a pattern has a trig condition that is 2:2, and that pattern is chained with another, it won’t read the trig condition on the next pass as a second loop. I mean it makes sense, because it’s playing the loop for the first time again after returning from the chained pattern, but it requires using another pattern acting as loop#2, where it doesn’t necessarily have to.

Is there a workaround/way to fix this? Otherwise, I’ll put in the feature request.

You need to set pattern length to per track (as opposed to per pattern) and use the pattern CH.LEN value to get your first pattern to play twice (or whatever) before the chained pattern begins to play.

The button combos FUNC + PAGE and FUNC + YES gets you to the CH.LEN setting screen.

4 Likes

This happened to me, I believe it was a bug that was fixed.
I upgraded from 1.2 to 1.2A and it was fine after that.
Are you sure you have upgraded to 1.2A
And not just 1.2?
Below is a screenshot of the fix on the update

2 Likes

I made an audible 'whoaa" when this screen appeared. Thank you.

Did not know about 1.2A. Wonderful, thanks!

1 Like

I’m having a similar issue, not quite the same but I thought I could use this thread instead of opening a new one.

I’m working with chained patterns and individual track lenghts (nothing too complicated but I need most tracks to be running at double speed). On the 6th pattern, I’ve set some trig conditions to 2:2.
When playing the pattern by itself everything works smoothly but, when chaining patterns, the trig conditions are shifted and the sounds are triggered on 1:2, regardless of wether I’m starting the chain from the previous pattern (5), the one before that (4), or the actual 1st one.

I’m extremely confused by this!
I don’t see how this could happen; the triggering shouldn’t happen on the first cycle so, wether the DT begins counting the cycles based on the slowest track (the one actually following the bpm accurately), on the beginning of the single pattern, or on the beginning of the first pattern in the chain, it shouldn’t really make any difference…right?
It’s late here and I’ve been trying to figure this out for a while, so I hope my question came out as comprehensible! :smiley:
I just don’t see how the triggering could happen on the first pass of the pattern and not happen on the second, which is the exact opposite of what I was trying to do :thinking:.

Anyone ever had similar issues? I found a couple other posts about trig conditions and pattern chaining but the questions there seemed to be different and I couldn’t make much out of those either.