I bought the Analog Drive after the latest massive price drop, and so far I love it. I’m still rebuilding my pedal board, so I have not done a comprehensive A/B test comparing it to my other gain pedals, but I wonder if there’s any consensus on what each circuit is a clone of? I’d like to know so I can leave any of my redundant pedals at home and save weight on my rig. The only way to know for sure is to crack it open and trace the circuit. I don’t really want to do that.
Here’s what is obvious from the manual…
- Clean Boost: Xotic EP booster or similar?
- Mid Drive: Ibanez Tube Screamer
- Dirty Drive: ??? - (some sort of fuzz?)
- Big Dist: ??? - (probably some sort of “amp in a box” pedal. The manual mentions a Marshall amp. Maybe a Marshall Bluesbreaker clone like the King of Tone or a Charlie Brown?)
- Focusted Dist: Manual implies a higher gain Klon.
- Harmonic Fuzz: ??? (Manual says it’s a secret. I bet we can figure this out. Octavia perhaps?)
- High Gain: ???
- Thick Gain: ???
I figure some of these might be clones of a Rat, Big Muff, Fuzz Face, Blues Driver or newer classics like the OCD. And since Elektron is a Swedish company, one of these MUST be a Boss HM-2, right?
Anyway, I’d love to hear people’s thoughts on what each circuit is equivalent to.