Comprehensive list of Circuit equivalencies?

Hello,

I bought the Analog Drive after the latest massive price drop, and so far I love it. I’m still rebuilding my pedal board, so I have not done a comprehensive A/B test comparing it to my other gain pedals, but I wonder if there’s any consensus on what each circuit is a clone of? I’d like to know so I can leave any of my redundant pedals at home and save weight on my rig. The only way to know for sure is to crack it open and trace the circuit. I don’t really want to do that.

Here’s what is obvious from the manual…

1. Clean Boost: Xotic EP booster or similar?
  2. Mid Drive: Ibanez Tube Screamer
  3. Dirty Drive: ??? - (some sort of fuzz?)
  4. Big Dist: ??? - (probably some sort of “amp in a box” pedal. The manual mentions a Marshall amp. Maybe a Marshall Bluesbreaker clone like the King of Tone or a Charlie Brown?)
  5. Focusted Dist: Manual implies a higher gain Klon.
  6. Harmonic Fuzz: ??? (Manual says it’s a secret. I bet we can figure this out. Octavia perhaps?)
  7. High Gain: ???
  8. Thick Gain: ???

I figure some of these might be clones of a Rat, Big Muff, Fuzz Face, Blues Driver or newer classics like the OCD. And since Elektron is a Swedish company, one of these MUST be a Boss HM-2, right?

Anyway, I’d love to hear people’s thoughts on what each circuit is equivalent to.

1 Like

I just got a used one the other day and was looking for the same thing. Did you ever find an answer?

1 Like

Anybody have any definitive answers on this?

I tried to figure out with a friend yesterday what the Dirty Drive could be. To us, it sounded quite close to a Tonebender, but with something extra. Does anyone have ideas? I love that circuit.

1 Like

Welcome tim!

A musicradar article says the following:

1-Clean Boost with up to 20dB extra
2- Mid Drive is Elektron’s spot-on interpretation of a Tube Screamer
3-Dirty Drive has more gain and puts us in the mind of small cranked American amps with a hint of fuzz around the edges on higher settings.
4-Big Dist setting It’s a Marshall-in-a-box that completely nails it.
5-Focused Dist takes its cue from Klon-style pedals
6-Harmonic Fuzz setting - apparently based on an unnamed out of production octave fuzz
7/8-High Gain and Thick Gain, offer the most distortion with plenty of stuff for rock and metal.

Article link: Elektron Analog Drive review | MusicRadar

Still not too many clear ideas of what 1,3,4,6,7,8 are!