Compact Flash Question

So my OT came with the standard 64 CF card and it works well enough but if I wanted to upgrade to a larger card how would I move everything? This might seem dumb but could I just copy everything over to my computer, eject old card insert new card and then just paste onto the new card? If I did it this way, technically, it would copy all the directory information for samples and parameters. My concern would be that the OT might freak out when I go to play something.

Or would be easier to just start a new project on new said card move just samples over and then just start back from the beginning?

1 Like

Yes.

However, I don’t think anyone has ever reported using a card larger than 64 GB. The manual states:

Cards supporting UDMA and at least 133x (~20MB/s) for both reads and writes are compatible with the Octatrack. Cards must be FAT16 or FAT32 formatted, preferably FAT32. Up to 64 GB Compact Flash cards are supported.

2 Likes

Huh that’s interesting. Thanks for letting me know about the 64 thing there’s 200+ that I don’t need it’s spend

In my opinion, 64 GB is plenty big for the Octatrack. I think I have a 16 GB card and I don’t think I’ll ever fill it up. Of course, everyone has different use cases.

3 Likes

Yeah I mostly use 4,8 or 16gb cards, cheaper and more than enough capacity for multiple projects.

hello

has anyone had any experience with compact flash adapters in use with the octatrack?

something like: https://www.amazon.com/Sony-AD-MSCF1-Pro-CompactFlash-Adapter/dp/B000NZMALY

theoretically this should work with a suitable sd card.

1 Like

Welcome @marccc.

I am also curious about this…
Hurry up, maybe the last one in the world !

1 Like