Community Feedback & Follow

Great idea, and so fun to hear in a context like this! I’ll be listening, following and putting up my stuff here as soon as I come home :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thanks! The strings are from the Tina Guo Acoustic Cello Legato Kontakt Library. I’ve drawn the midi in ableton. Btw, besides the strings and the rhodes, the whole track was done on the Digitakt :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s a Roland SH-01A on 4-note poly mode through a fuck ton of plug-ins and parameter automation. If I remember rightly (aside from Live’s compressors, EQ and saturator), there’s one or two instances of Audio Damage’s Fluid for the massive chorus (love that plug-in) and iZotope’s Vinyl for some of the degradation and warp/wobble/imperfections :blush:

1 Like

Always nice to hear what people are doing !

6 Likes

lovely stuff mate! :slight_smile:

just my 2 cents…

2 Likes

Thanks !

Done! Here’s me…

3 Likes

Ah, the thread got merged. I didn’t realise a similar one had already been created. Anyway, there’s even more stuff to listen to and follow from the above posts now. Awesome :yellow_heart:

4 Likes

glad to see this picking up again. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hey there, would love to revive this thread, because I am striving for feedback on my latest product from people, who know, what they are talking about :smiley:

What you are about to listen to:
This is my first track, which I really produced from beginning to end. The first, where a loop became something listenable (at least for me) for about 6 minutes.
It is Techno and started out on a Digitakt and Analog Four, was then recorded into Ableton, where I arranged it and added some (a lot!) of processing. My friends say, its good, but they like everything, which loud and stompy :crazy_face:
So I am curious, what you think and critic is warmly welcome, because this would be the way to impeove.

Here it is:

i’ll say this is way better than the first track i finished. i have a few thoughts, with my usual caveat that i have no business critiquing anyone else’s work.

for mix related advice, i think there is a lot of overlap in the low end. the kick is a bit boomy (maybe shorten the note/tail and eq it a bit), it fights with the bass line, and the low/wide bass note that comes over the top periodically is too loud and maybe too wide. the mix isn’t bad, but it could be cleaned up and sounds a little over-compressed to me. i prefer dynamics over loudness, so maybe it’s just a taste thing. some of the levels need do work though, transitions sounds as an example are a bit loud.

i’d also try varying the lead sound a little more from a design point. i like it, but it gets a little repetitive. just modulating the filter cutoff, amp attack/decay, those kinds of things would keep it more interesting.

lots of good ideas in there. the low end mixing is one of the things that’s taking me the longest to get right too.