Coming soon

but this is Just… a thread about one machine - that’s what the just signifies

there could be other teasers or announcements

Agreed, it is the only thing “confirmed” though.
So I will edit my earlier response.

THE MODS KNOW SOMETHING :wink:

3 Likes

It’s all good chaps, I’m just wondering if we will see more surprises!

I’d like to see the audio track export to Ableton, like the Electribe machines have.

Uhhhhhh, I’m going to lunch…

6 Likes

I could tell by the demo that this was a lower end product. it seems super cool, so small and light. not for me, but i’ll recommend to people who want something fun and portable and relatively inexpensive.

if someone were to gift a model:sample to me, i wouldnt complain :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If you read our replies above it’ll prove the contrary :wink:

Elektron sure know how to surprise us all - I like their thinking with this though

3 Likes

Yes I hate menu diving as well but with the Elektrons I always found my way thru it easily. Even the OT. This approach with this new ‘Samples’ machines is clever I think. Especially performance wise. You can easily excess everything without even thinking where the hell is everything.

I think this device is very interesting, don’t know if its something for me. I like my Digitakt very much… Lets see…

2 Likes

We are not in disagreement at all :slight_smile: - programmable macros are the pinnacle. <3

1 Like

I dig it.

There’ll be more boxes in this format for sure, but I don’t expect do see them this Namm…

Well super booth isn’t that far away :grin:

1 Like

Other things that I’ve gleaned from the manual:

It is slightly wider than the DT. About 2 inches wider.

Forthcoming battery pack handle product connects on the side.

Having two of these (marketing speak mention “2x” slots) may make the total width the size of an OTMK2, just not as thick.

3 Likes

I don’t believe Elektron is done yet…

Alex Kidd/AK + peace sign/two fingers = Analog Keys MKII

12 Likes

One can buy 2 or 3 volca for the price of this model : samples though :thinking:

Yeah that would be really cool actually

The problem is that they gutted the DT featurewise to not overlap too much with the OT (fair enough, it’s an entry level device so you dont get futuristic features like timestretch cough :wink: )

Now they ship another one-shot sampler but this machine wasnt gutted that much. It has the most important aspects of the DT and is portable and has velocity sensitive buttons (which is a huge plus for a drum/phrase sampler). Now the DT is in a strange spot between the OT and the Model:sample featurewise because it doesnt have that much more.

Then on the other hand they remove the line in sampling on this new portable device which is nuts because how are you going to get sounds into this machine while being on the road without a computer. Would have make much more sense to give it a small stereo jack so we could use our phones/portable recoding devices as sample fodder. The removal of this feature is now a selling point for the DT…it just doesnt make a lot of sense too me :poop:

Sorry to state my opinion/disappointment in a discussion board, I will now get back to my sandbox and cry because I didnt get a lollipop :joy:

4 Likes

Right. Apples and oranges with Volca.
Total sample time, usb Audio interface, total pattern and project memory, ctrl all, etc.

I do see how it would be a good distant cousin within a Volca setup, though.

1 Like

I’m glad that Elektron are going down the (slightly) more affordable route, as hopefully big sales for the smaller machines will allow them to indulge in another powerhouse project (as long as the investors allow it…). The only thing that slightly annoys me is that, again, there are various features in this machine that haven’t made it to other more powerful boxes, and it seems likely (to me, anyway) that this is on purpose - to entice more people to buy multiple machines. Let’s go through the list:

Octatrack - Has MIDI sequencing, timestretching and individual temp modifier per track. No Control All. Has direct sampling. Has scenes and crossfader. Stereo samples.

Analog 4 - No MIDI sequencing, no individual tempo modifier per track, no Control All (timestretching and sample-based attributes not applicable as it’s a synth).

Analog Rytm - No MIDI sequencing, no individual tempo modifier per track, no Control All, no timestretching. Mk 2 version has direct sampling (mono). Has scenes mode. Mono playback of samples.

Digitakt - Has MIDI sequencing and Control All, but no timestretching and no individual tempo modifier per track. Has direct sampling. No scenes, no crossfader. Mono samples.

Model: Samples - Has MIDI sequencing, individual tempo modifer per track and Control All, no timestretching. No direct sampling. No scenes, no crossfader.

Someone needs to make a set diagram to show which features converge between machines and which don’t! :smiley:

Personally I’d love to see an Octatrack Mk III which would bridge the gap from the original machine’s release to now in terms of having the richer sound quality of Digitakt with an updated UI and increased RAM.

1 Like

IMHO scenes and the crossfader are more than an appropriate alternative to “Control All”.

And the performances on the A4 are also more than an appropriate alternative to “Control All”.

9 Likes