Coming soon

Yup, i’ll chime in on this as well! Too many grumpy people on this post, they need some praise as well! Congrats on the announcement elektron, hope it’ll be a smooth and successful release as well!

4 Likes

Maybe they release this unit and announce the development of a bigger product. That would explain why only this one was leaked by a store.

To sum the points up: Cutting costs, a different UI approach and more portable.

3 Likes

This looks really fun. Not for me though…unless you can export your patterns and load them into the Digitakt……that would make it an insta-buy for me…

That is unfortunate.

It’s elektron’s mpc500

Probably less detailed on the midi but seems the closest comparator

1 Like

I highly suggest reading the manual.

This excites me very much:

9 Likes

Reading the manual it looks like it will be a shared 11minutes/64mb per project. So you could have one 10 minute sample and the remaining 575 samples of that project got to share the remaining 1 minute.

1 Like

I quite like the concept of the Model: Sample, though as a recent Digitakt owner, it’s not something that I have on my list at present. If they produce more devices, such as a mono/bass, that does really excellent 303 acid sounds, then that will be an instant buy. That’s if I could find one in stock, as I’m sure it would sell like hotcakes.

Custom brightness/color update confirmed for all MKII-gen devices?

No. Only thing confirmed in this thread is the Model:Samples

2 Likes

Sorry if already posted

Underpowered until the drum synthesis machines are added…

Oh I thought this is still a general guess-party in here. Guess I got nothing to do here then anymore

1 Like

That sounds really nice tbh. Any word on if there’s anyway to transfer samples without a computer?

Maybe thru iOS or something?

My feelings are really mixed on this front — probably skewed towards not being fond.

In the same way that I think 2 or more Elektron’s can start to be a bit much to juggle, I think every parameter being present at all times during a performance can become difficult to juggle. Honestly, I think this is seen to an extent in Cenk’s video, but perhaps I should watch a second time.

Idk, i’ve always been a sucker for Elektron’s minimal/ utilitarian approach to encoder count.

To be clear. I hate menu diving on all other instruments, but Elektron has always killed the execution of it.

1 Like

Model:Samples might not be the only thing ‘Coming soon’.

3 Likes

If I wanted one knob per function I would just use performance mode on my A4MKII…

Heck, I could program a single knob to change all the functions at once if I wanted to.

2 Likes

Some great track names :joy: