Coming soon

Retrigger menu :heart_eyes:
Samples loop, reverse quick assign and stuff recordable directly :heart_eyes:
Copying and pasting a pattern without changing pattern :heart_eyes: ( Wasn’t possible on OT A4… tell me if I mistake )
Ergonomy and cond trigs :heart_eyes:

Hope It can be poly

1 Like

My carpal tunnel syndrom winced everytime he banged so heavily on those pads.

Possible on A4

Good that it’s possible on this too

2 Likes

Can we talk build quality. Are the buttons as good made of the same material as the DT? They look kinda squishy. Hoping for better feedback.

Is there a possibility of some sort of add-on device that would enable OB for OTs? That might be a stupid question, but my engineering skills are zero.

To be honest, the OP-Z sequencer kind of ruined Elektron sequencers for me (and all other sequencers). It its that good.

Here are some highlights:

• Individual length and speed per sequencer track (I think only the bigger Elektron boxes can do this)

• Reducing track seed without loosing resolution (four, maybe more, meta steps per step, even at slow setting)

• Almost perfectly accurate live recording. I swear, this sequencer captures live recordings so accurately that I sometimes think it is an audio recorder, but then I remember that the steps are editable.

• The insanely rich and layerable Step Components which let you do simple things like have a sound play on every repeat excluding the third repeat (Elektrons cannot do this), or have extremely complicated side compositions launched by probability

• The massively fun and useful Punch-In effects (global and per track), which add very musical variation, and of course are layerable and sequencable like everything else

• The insanely smart master transpose, which some how keeps everything in key

• Sequenceable effects tracks (only the bigger Elektrons have this)

• The amazing tape buffer track

• Instant and cued pattern changes

• Song mode (only the bigger Elektrons have this)

• Extremely musical swing (I never really liked the swing on Elektrons)

• The amazing tape buffer track

• Of course the usual parameter locks (which all Elektrons have, but are essential nonetheless). And on the OP-Z Step Components can effect parameter locks (crazy).

• Oh yeah, and you can have all this fun while sitting on a bench in a botanical garden

• So on…

18 Likes

Agree. Op-z, Deluge, iOS, Euro… The general state of sequencer options/depth has expanded a LOT over the past few years. In the meantime Elektron haven’t advanced much in this area…

3 Likes

After the reverb vid: ok 325eur

:grin::v:t2:

Next stage.
Preorder?
:eyes:

Yeah, I love the VS (got a few of ‘em) it also wins on part count (10 vs 6) but I just read the manual of the MS and it definitely has some cool features.

1 Like

I actually loved the trailer for that movie! :rofl: Had many chuckles. Looks like they were having a lot of fun. Never saw the film though.

I’ll try the Model:Samples at the show. I think it looks great. I don’t care if products overlap a lot. I try to see products and instruments for what they are, and for what they’re intended to be, and for their own potential. I think this is potentially their best seller. I wouldn’t be surprised if it came out in different colours even, lol.

12 Likes

1000% agree

Can’t wait for the midi/cv module!
:pray:t2:

2 Likes

Would be cool, that was a request I added to the DT feature request thread (as others did, too, I’m sure!).

I agree it has cool features and immediacy and the comparison with VS isn’t really fair - it’s just as others are saying above - the Elektron sequencer probably isn’t enough on its own these days - need some more sauce…

3 Likes

sorry if you thought it was gonna be OB or Otmkiii. I think this thing is sweet and would find a home in most peoples rig if money was no object. But yeah, i think its awesome and is definitely gonna be a way in to elektron gear for people that dont have $800 - $1300 laying around

1 Like

I take this as clarification that there won‘t be an update/upgrade to the OT. ?

I tend to agree somewhat, I think Elektron were much more cutting edge when they had open beta’s for paying customers, not just freebies for “Pro Youtubers” who seem to be reluctant to criticise the hand that feeds them. etc.

The problem with this is the “echo chamber effect” of course open beta’s are not without their own problems because they are well “open” so you tend to get a high noise to signal ratio, which is probably why they stopped doing open betas.

9 Likes

This will be the star of Namm

I mean, i dont work for Elektron so i dont know 100%, but i seriously doubt it. I dont think the hardware is in place for audio over USB with OTmkii. and i wouldnt expect an mkiii for at least another couple years (or never, if they go all in with the Digi line and model line)

2 Likes

velocity sensitive :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I‘d double ‚heart‘ your reply :))