Collider for the iPad

Yes. On the Mixer Page there are 3 XY-pads: Filter, FX, Drive
They XY-pads allows you to control all track filters, FX sends, and overdrive at once…you can lock the XY position, or just release it and all tracks will return to their previous filter / send / drive settings.

This enables you to simulate a global master-filter.

5 Likes

Ok, it’s out. Let me know how it goes.

Pattern Sysex Send / Receive over WIFI will fail ~20% of the time, depending on your wifi signal…the Rytm decides to stop processing the sysex it if it doesn’t receive it in time. If this happens just hit Send / Receive again…it hasn’t been much of a problem for me. Pattern send / receive over direct connection should be 100%.

Fantastic news!
Can’t wait to hook the drum box up later, again thanks very very much for your work and @void also.
You are really doing the biz @mekohler

Hi Mekohler.
First - thanks’s for a fantastic app.
I have played some hours with the update today.
Overall it works fine, but I have experienced a couple of bugs.

1. If I use a preset kit, it plays one bar, and then go to the first kit in the project.

2. When I enable “Evolve” I often experience a volume drop.

I have experienced it in several projects and on both my iPads.

Best,
Christian

What do you mean by preset kit?

Right now, by default, the generated patterns sent to the RYTM have a pattern length of 64 and Change set to INF…I didn’t have enough space / time to add a UI component for this, but it’s coming. Is this what you mean?

Evolve also humanizes the velocity in a non-relative way… this means it will always humanize the velocity around a certain default velocity…so let’s say you create a pattern on the RYTM where every trig has a velocity of 10…if you send it to Collider, humanize it, and resend it, all those velocities will now be humanized around 100 (the default value). It completely ignores the fact that you originally sent it low velocity trigs. This is not ideal.

The volume drop you are experiencing is probably because of the fact that Evolve messes with velocity (it does not touch ANY sound parameters).

The next update will include options to humanize in RELATIVE / NON-RELATIVE ways, as well as options to show determine what Evolve is allowed to affect. It will also include a File Manager to save / load / rename Patterns, Projects, Kits, Tracks, MFX, Mixer settings etc.

Thanks for quick answer.

With “preset kit” I mean the kits in the project e.g. the kits in the “New Blood” package.
So if I choose kit number 11, it will play one measure (I guess the 64 you mention) and then switch to kit 1. Hope it makes sense :slight_smile: otherwise I can record it and send it.

Regarding the volume drop, I dont see it as a big problem. Really sounds interesting with the updates.

Best,
Christian

Yeah, that is because I am always sending pattern values of [64, INF] for length and change. This overrides whatever the setting was in your loaded project / kit / pattern. I will add some options related to these values for next week’s update. You will have to manually keep changing it back for now :frowning:

1 Like

Here’s my debug interface for save / load:

2 Likes

Hi thank you nice app!

But i have a question.
I think i’m missing something but i can not realize about WiFi connection.
How connect AR and iPad via WiFi?

app is great.Master filter is my favorite!

• In OSX open the app called “Audio MIDI Setup”
  • Window -> Show MIDI Studio and click on “Network” icon
  • You should now be able to connect your iPad to your WIFI
  • It’s now up to you to route the MIDI coming from the iPad (Network Source) to the Rytm. You can do this in your DAW or directly in the MIDI Studio as seen in the lower right of this picture: http://imgur.com/17dxf7B

As you see in the picture, my iPad is connected to the WIFI network session, and I have enabled direct two-way communication between the MIDI Network and my RYTM. This is the easiest way, but you could also use your DAW and route the “Network” to and from the Rytm.

1 Like

can someone drop a few words about the configuration within the rytm that is needed to have this app working? like, how much midi channels would be needed and all that?

Here is a screenshot of the new Help page:

The most important thing to remember is that it uses MIDI CC’s to transmit parameters on each individual track channel (Pattern is via Sysex). The Track / FX / Perf MIDI channels in Collider must match those of the RYTM. These channels can be configured in the advanced options page in the app. Let me know if you have more questions.

2 Likes

I can connect via wifi and works fine.
Thank you!

1 Like

New update with more pattern options out now. I also added a save manager to recall Kits / Tracks / MFX settings / Mixer settings. Next step is p-locks.

I suggest a fresh install for this update since my internal model changed.

*** Found a bug tonight when loading individual tracks that causes them to be sent to the original track they were saved from, so hold off on loading individual tracks :frowning: . Easy fix, will submit again.

1 Like

Great Inspiring app.
just want to say thanks

Load Track fix is out.

Remember, Receiving / Sending patterns will erase p-locks since I haven’t been parsing them yet. That update will be out next week.

***Triple-tapping the Collider logo on the main page will load an 808 kit by default.

1 Like

Currently testing the TRC and P-Lock randomization. Update should be out over the weekend.

1 Like

this looks amazing

will be downloading this !

thanks

1 Like

how to go to the advanced options? if i double tab the red circle, some options appear (like the image you posted) but i cant change anything.

Options is the white circle. The red circle is just an information page to show you the settings you must implement on the Rytm. There is no interaction with it.

1 Like