Clunk when sound cut off by mute group

I’m using pads 3 and 4 to intentionally have a sound that is cut off by the other pad. When you use similar sounds like hi-hats, this is fine. However when each sound is different, there is a clunk noise when one sound type switches to the other, when I feel one sound should just silence the other.

Here is an example of volume settings, for testing that it’s not the sounds, but crossover.
Pad 3: Trig synth on, Trig sample on, Src volume zero, Amp volume zero.
Pad 4: Trig synth off, Trig sample off, Src volume zero, Amp volume 100.

With these settings, if you just play the pads, you hear nothing from either. But if you sequence them, so that Pad 3 cuts off Pad 4, there is a clunk at that cut off point. The clunk can be shaped by the filter and other elements of Pad 4, but really I’m just trying to get one sound to be a mute group.

I’m fairly certain it’s the crossover of one sound engine switching to the other. For example if you mute one of the tracks, then there is no issue, as one isn’t cutting off the other. No clunks.

Has anyone else noticed this, or found a workaround?
Do I have to just use two different sound engines, and p-lock the cut-off. I was trying to maximize the use of these sound engines, but possibly that’s too nutty.

S.