[Closed] : 1010 Music Nanobox Lemondrop & Fireball pre-launch speculation

Same. I have an iPad and an iPhone, and apps for them are really inexpensive.

Not liking touch screens is one thing but reducing them down to just devices with touch screens by implying your phone is the same thing is a little unfair. I have an iPhone and iPad too and they just could not replace e.g. the BlackBox for me. You could find an app that does a lot more than the BB’s software but it’s still its own rock solid device dedicated to making music with great I/O built in. It’s an instrument in the way that phones and tablets never have been for me.

It just seems silly to me, to discount a device because of its choice of interface. Replacing the touch screen with more buttons and knobs could very well be a worse choice for what the device is and how you use it. Why do we have to instantly compare it to phones as soon as they share a method of interaction?

Bah, rant over.

9 Likes

I like touching screens, but I don’t like touch screens.

I never said my phone was the same thing. But between my iPad and iPhone, and the devices without significant screens, small and large, that I have, there isn’t much room. I read a lot about the Blackbox and Bluebox, and watched videos. In the end I was not convinced. I will do the same with these new devices, but I am not sanguine about their chances with me. Which is fine, one man’s poison, and so on.

1 Like

I would buy that in a heartbeat!

1 Like

Ok, taking a stab at Lemondrop!

4 part drum machine.
Synth engine and sample engine (import via as card)
4 trig in, 2 cv in, clock in and out.
4 audio outs + headphone out
Midi trs

Drum sequencer (based on grids)

2 Likes

Really exited to see what they came up with.

I’d have thought yellow will be a different synthesis type like FM or Virtual Analog… but maybe drums makes more sense from a product selling point of view.

I’m looking forward to gherkinbox :cucumber:

23 posts were merged into an existing topic: New 1010music nanobox lemondrop granular synth

Looks like I was right.- it’s basically an updated kaoss pad.

2 Likes

Almost the same observation here …

X/Y control for sound morphing

And based on the size, looking forward to the wavetable version.

2 Likes

Found this article too 1010music nanobox fireball: Heißer Wavetable-Synthesizer ⋆ delamar.de

4 Likes

So I wonder when can we expect the loopop review.

These look pretty nifty. Especially if the price is right. I won’t be buying but they do look cool.

2 Likes

Hmm, after reading an english translation of the link, I’m realizing that it’s mainly a granular synth with the addition of effects. It might not be something that I need, but I’m still curious.

Aww it’s adorable :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Possibly a bit high, though with 1010’s history of dynamite firmware updates, these could end up as much heavier hitters than they begin

1 Like

They could hit heavy in ways we do not yet understand right from the start too. I guess we’ll find out shortly :0)

Tomorrow, probably. :sweat_smile:

:smirk:

1 Like