Clock Sync with Novation Circuit?

Has anyone successfully sync’d an Elektron instrument with Novation Circuit? I have a gig this weekend where I’m going to be sending Circuit audio into Analog Keys inputs and I’m trying to sync one of their clocks but can’t seem to get it happening. I’ve tried every combination of midi cable in/out & Analog Keys midi preferences you can think of. Please respond if you’ve tried this yourself. Thanks!

Moongriffin

I’ve sync’d my Circuit to my Digitakt numerous times.

• DIN MIDI from the DT’s MIDI A output to the Circuit MIDI adaptor, to Circuit’s MIDI In
  • On DT:
    • Settings (:gear: ) > MIDI Config > Sync > Clock Send :ballot_box_with_check:︎ (checked)
    • Settings (:gear: ) > MIDI Config > Port Config > Turbo Speed ☐ (unchecked)
    • Settings (:gear: ) > MIDI Config > Port Config > Out Port Func: MIDI
    • Settings (:gear: ) > MIDI Config > Port Config > Output to: MIDI (or MIDI+USB)
  • On Circuit:
    • Turn on while holding Shift
    • Ensure the first blue pad, (bottom row, 7th pad) is lit, which enables Clock Auto mode
    • Tap Play to exit setup

Now the circuit will follow the Digitakt: Start, Stop & Tempo
This works even if the DT is slaved via USB MIDI clock.

Obviously, settings on the Analog Keys will be somewhat different, but I imagine basically the same.

5 Likes

If following @mzero’s excellent advice, you should also activate TRANSPORT SEND on the Analog Keys (this is an additional requirement for the AK compared to the DT).

Do also check that your MIDI cable and adaptor are working correctly; it’s not unusual for MIDI cables to malfunction.

2 Likes

Thank you @mzero I got it working

1 Like

thanks

1 Like

I’m having the EXACT same problem. Great advice btw, clear, perfect. What is my problem then? It is STILL not working. Sending clock / transport from RYTM mk2 into a 12 way midi splitter, and 11/12 boxes follow the clock. Swapped cables, midi adapters and can’t get circuit to hear clock. Thoughts? Circuit bottom row button 7 is lit, so one would think that would do it…