Clicks'n'cuts'n'beeps with Machinedrum and Folktek Matter

I’ve had this idea sitting in my head for a couple of weeks now - dusting off one of my remaining Eurorack Cell 48 boxes with the awesome Folktek Matter drum synth. The Matter can take up to 8 triggers/inputs and I thought it’d be fun to put the Machinedrum’s multiple outputs to use to sequence the Matter.

Which then led to “well then of course I can play the Matter back through the Machinedrum and add reverb and live sample it all and use all the LFOs I have around to give it some life!”

Here’s a more melodic one, where one of the outputs is using a GND-SIN machine through the Matter. Three other outputs are sending GND-IMP triggers. I’m now just basically letting this one run all day.

And an earlier setup which is more of the click’n’cut rhythm.

8 Likes

cool stuff - always good to figure out new things and make sure youre using all your kit

Very nice! I have been using a friends MD as my first venture into the world of Elektron and for a product that came out almost 16 years ago I am still impressed with what it can do in this age of computer based DAWs, VST plugins and things like Ableton/Maschine units.

I modified this setup with the Future Retro Zillion running various mono synths (Volca Bass, Korg Monologue, etc) - again, all routed through the Machinedrum. The lineage from the Machinedrum UW to Octatrack is now really clear. I took this setup to a recent synth meet with the Roland A-01 as the monosynth. That weird little 8 bit synth boutique has some bite! But again - mostly it was just fun showing the Machinedrum’s flexibility by barely being a drum machine (I had one heavy MD kick in this setup) yet running the whole show.

4 Likes