Clear trig locks?

Page 33 on the manual says:

“Clear trig locks by holding one or more trigs and press [PLAY].”

For some reason, when I’m trying that I get a Clear Note message and the p-locks are not being cleared. I must be doing something wrong…

I want to keep the note data on a trig and just clear all the parameter locks. Is that possible?

Hold the trig, then move the knob which has the lock you want to clear and then quickly press the Play button. That will clear the lock rather than the trig.

2 Likes

Thanks!
This is a great way to clear a specific lock, but according to the manual it is possible to clear ALL the p-locks on a trig, and that’s what I’m struggling with.

1 Like

Apologies, I misread your post. That behaviour is what happens for me also and it says on page 30 to remove the trig and then re-enter it to remove all the parameter locks. Obviously you lose the note data. Generally, that’s what I’d been doing as I find it easier to re-enter the note data than to manually remove more than 3 locks individually. I often find it quicker to copy another trig that I know has the right note, but no locks.

Yeah, I do the same. It seems like the only way to clear all the locks.
I think there’s a mistake in the manual (on page 33) and that’s where my confusion came from.
Thanks for your help!

2 Likes

Yes, that is a mistake in the manual indeed. I will fix that for the next version of the manual. Thanks for letting me know!

4 Likes

Just to clarify: is there a function performed at all when pressing [Trig]+[Play]? Because it does display a message saying “clear trig note” which I guess would refer to clearing the note but leaving the locks, but either way, doesn’t seem to do anything.

1 Like

Ive also definitely held a trig and hit play in certain situations and its said “locks cleared” but it only does it sometimes. go figure.

edit: OK check this out. If you hold a trig and hit play it says “clear trig note” right? And nothing happens? Well if you hold a trig and hit play really quickly after it will actually say “Clear Locks” and indeed all the parameter locks for the held steps will be cleared. The key is to hit play before the note/vel/length info of the trig is displayed. Go Figure!!

1 Like

For me, that will reset the note. It will still be a trig, but the note will be changed back to default. The ‘default’ appears to come from the Pad value in the track menu.

That is weird

1 Like

ah ok yes you are totally right, it changes the note/velocity/length back to default value. the clear all locks on a trig function is a welcome discovery for me, dont think its been documented.

1 Like

Huh…nice find :+1:t2:
I’ve tried it and it’s actually working.

1 Like

That made bells ring. The functionality you discovered has been previously documented, but was reported as a bug … because (not surprisingly) nobody discovered you had to do it really quick, and that there are in fact TWO pieces of functionality for that key combo.

Do you want to do an update in the documentation thread ?

Actually I will CC @eangman here anyway, he may pick it up.

1 Like

Yeah, I never realized that this key combo can do both things. It was really unclear in the manual.

Thinking about this some more, I wonder if this functionality is actually by design or is it some kind of a bug.
With this option you cannot clear only the locks and keep the note data, because you have to clear the note first and then the locks… so it’s basically the same as removing the trig and re-entering it again…

yeah I knew I had hit it before too but when going back to look for how I was always pressing too slow in an attempt not to miss what I was doing :joy:

1 Like

that exactly what I can do. I can clear all the locks while maintaining the note data and without turning the trigs off

2 Likes

I’ve just done exactly that. Set the note, set some locks, then clear only the locks with a very quick TRIG + PLAY

1 Like

I’m suspecting it’s some kind of accident. It’s not terribly friendly in UI terms to have to hit those buttons so quick … it’s error prone.

1 Like

Ahh… Got it!

1 Like

BTW, page 30 on the manual says:

Removing all parameter locks on a trig in GRID RECORDING mode:

1. Remove the note trig and then enter it again.

I think the whole explanation about clearing trigs should be re-written so it’d be clearer.
I’ll update the documentation thread.

1 Like