Clear all parameters for track

Is there a way to clear all parameter locks for a track? When I clear a track in grid recording mode, the sequence gets cleared but the parameter locks stay. Have I overseen someting in the manual or is it only possible to clear parameter locks per trig, which would obviously be cumbersome on a 64 step track. I must have overseen something!

1 Like

Page 36. Settings > Pattern > Clear > All Data will wipe everything off the whole pattern, including Parameters, samples and sequence data.

… > Sound will will clear the samples and parameter settings, but keep the sequence data.

… > Sequence will clear the sequence data but keep the sound and parameters

There doesn’t seem to be a way to just clear parameters per track or pattern (just per trig).

I’ve been caught out with this a few times. Wiped a sequence I’ve been messing with, then a few days later come back and go through the sample menu on the same pattern looking to see what stuff sounds like (hitting the T1 pad). Load up 6 samples, but some sound very different to how they did when I previewed them. Then I realise I’ve got cutoff or delay set on some of the tracks from the previous pattern. Took me a while to figure out what was happening the first time, as the parameter lights don’t illuminate for track level parameters, do you can’t see what applied until you begin to turn each knob.

1 Like

This doesn’t work?
What do you mean the parameter locks stay, plocks are on trigs? How do they stay if the trigs/sequence is cleared?

Perhaps you want the edit pages reset to default? Or the sequence trigs to stay but all plocks cleared?

If you want the edit pages cleared try [edit page]+[play], it’s not in the manual but works like that on other elektrons…

I read the OP as meaning track parameters, rather than parameter locks, which as you rightly point out are only on trigs.

There’s no [edit page] button on the M:S (there’s no “pages”), but I tried [track] + [play] and they indeed works. It gives the message “Clear Trk X Sound” for whatever track you’re on, and clears all the parameter settings back to default values for that track. It doesn’t wipe parameter locks on the trigs themselves. Very good to know, so thanks for pointing in the right direction!

You don’t seem to be able to do it for the whole pattern, just each track individually.

3 Likes

I meant for example [wave]+[play] or [lfo]+[play]… I don’t know if it will work, on other :3lektron:'s it resets that page/screen to defaults…
In Elektron lingo the pages where you edit the parameters are edit pages… :slight_smile:

So maybe the track clear is what OP wanted maybe? Look back up at that manual clip, pattern clear is there, just [func]+[play] while not in grid recording mode…

1 Like

I get you.

Being in the “edit page” for any parameter and hitting [play] just plays/pauses the sequence.

[function]+[play] clears the sequence (trigs) for the active track/whole pattern (depending on what mode you’re in), but leaves the track parameters intact.

1 Like

Again I don’t know if it will work but for example on the OT if your on the lfo page, you press lfo+play to clear it. I’ve been suggesting to try holding down for example lfo and pressing play while the lfo button is held down to see if it clears the lfo settings… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure… But this is not what I’m asking for. Clear ALL set parameters, manually set during live recording or explicitly set to trigs. Simply purge automations…

To make it even more clear. I think a lot of people here are familiar with the Volca Sample. If you have enabled “Motion Record” (pressing FUNC+Step12) for one of the 10 tracks, you are able to record all recordable controls during live recording. You can elegantly clear ALL automated parameters by hitting FUNC+Step 13. That simple. Clearing Tracks on the M:S simply clears the sequence but NOT the automations. And I really don’t care about Elektron philosophies or lingo or whatever. This is plain and objective UX And no, just clearing the LFO doesn’t satisfy my at all. It’s not only the LFO which programmatically turns the knobs for me but my past me could have also have recorded motions with his bare hands. :slight_smile: And also no: Clearing automations per page and Trig is also no option. This would require me to have either 17 fingers for clearing 16 trigs. For a 64 step configuration I would have to use my 17 fingers 4 times, once per page. Not to speak of clearing each trig individually per page. Nice move during live act. BTW. Clearing automation plus the sequence would be kind of okay for me but not being able of clear automation at all without loosing the sound/sample is really a bummer. it looks like this is simply not possible ATM. The only remedy that comes to my mind the temp save functionality. Before starting my automation madness, I could take a snapshot and revert back to the unautomated version at any time. I think it’s still desirable to have a clear automation feature on top of that. Will post this in the feature request thread. :smiley: Thanks for your feedback so far.

On the other Elektrons it’s Fn+Reload(No) during live record to erase only the automation lane - there’s no [No] button on the model:samples nor an obvious candidate - plus there are fundamental differences in UX so it may not be implemented - Best to ask Elektron whilst scouring the manual for erase/clear/etc

1 Like

“Temp Save” does the job atm. I will still add this to the feature request thread and directly forward this to Elektron. Thanks!

2 Likes

temp save is it tho, isn’t it?

it’s the same on DT.

temp save, then go nuts with live record parameter changes / ctrl all, then reload to last temp save.

done.

unless I’ve misread the thread :smile:

It’s kind of it, but being able to remove all automation would be great because of various reasons. But I think that’s a good example of the “Elektron philosophy”… Maybe limits you intentionally to challenge your creativity. Nevertheless, let’s close this for now. All questions are answered. Still having tons of fun with this little white med kit.

2 Likes

I was just trying to figure out what you were trying to do so I can maybe help with knowledge of the other devices and also gain some understanding of how the new unit works if I couldn’t. I don’t have the model. Sorry if that’s annoying or anything… :slight_smile:

No. Don’t get me wrong. This “rantish” tone was more about companies who try to put you in some sort of chains due to lacking basic functionality. Especially since the M:S is the major competitor “on steroids” of the Volca Sample, so I would expect from Elektron to give us at least all this little Volca can to plus a ton of X. Especially considering the price tag which is almost four times the price of a V:S. Even though “temp save” solves the issue in an inadequate way, it’s at least something. It was not against you in person! Honest apologies if it sounded like that.

1 Like

Haha, I’m overly sensitive… :joy:

Bumping this old thread. Has this been added in any of the new firmware versions?

If you’re meaning to realtime-erase triggers on an individual track in the Roland/Akai style, you can do that by holding down the relevant track pad while in realtime record mode.

You can also habitually temp save (func + settings) before messing with parameters. Then when you want to return to the original settings temp reload (func + pattern).

I don’t think that’s what he is saying