Clean project with no kits

Hello!
Still fighting to make sense of the AF but love the sound :sweat_smile:

I opened a clean project and found there were no kits available.

Am I supposed to make all my own kits here? Is it not possible to start with some of the premade ones from the default project?

Oh, and I wish everyone a happy new year. May it be an improved version of this one.

Cheers!
Eivind :partying_face::heart:

You can save the default project to a new project. Load it, then save it to a new project slot and give it another name.

You can also copy individual Kits. When you’ve got the Kit Load/Save list open, hit [FUNC]+[Rec] to copy. Then go to your new Project, get the list up again, and [Func]+[Stop] to paste.

But most of the kits in the default project suck, so don’t bother :wink:

Got you. Thanks for the reply!
So to me it seems the idea is to hunt for a 'pool ’ me sounds first, make a few kits and then start assembling a track :thinking:

I find some of the assumptions made in this ux design a bit daunting :sweat_smile: For example, the mentioned sound pool : there is no easy way to add a sound to the current sound pool, is there?

You have to look it up in the drive, using the sound manager mind you, and then select the add to pool option.

Or is there a clever shortcut?

Another thing is that, when double clicking a track to browse more sounds, you don’t land on the current track sound. It just goes to the first sound in the drive or pool. That would have been a neat fix, IMO.

Or maybe there’s a shortcut for that too :partying_face:

Thanks and best regards,
Stivertsen