Classic breaks?

Dope

This break at the 2 minute mark. love it

1 Like

here’s a resource that’s something of a jackpot, sometimes I feel selfish and don’t like sharing, and keeping it “secret”, but for my fellow 'nauts I gotta share the wealth. it’s something of a blast from the past too :grinning:

not ultra high quality but totally usable and there’s a TON of stuff…

https://www.breakbeat-paradise.com/bb_main.php

i downloaded pretty much all of their drum loops/breaks, it’s all good stuff! hundreds of good breaks both hip hop and jungle style.

2 Likes

The core of that beat is the same sample as Goldie’s Inner City Life. I love that break. I can’t remember what it’s called… it’s almost certainly in one of the classic packs listed above tho’. (The track moves on to Apache later…)

EDIT: I should do my own research. It’s “Funky Mule” by Ike & Tina Turner. Goldie feat. Diane Charlemagne's 'Inner City Life' sample of Ike Turner and The Kings of Rhythm's 'Funky Mule' | WhoSampled.

3 Likes

The legend

3 Likes

Yeah I heard the Apache break, one of my favs. I was listening to timeless today actually, lol i can’t believe I didn’t catch that, good ears mate. Thanks a bunch

1 Like

This is sick! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

This series really inspired me (as in cost me a ton of money and sent me down a rabbit hole for most of the pandemic). I highly recommend watching the three part series.

I’ve been meaning to try my hand at creating my own “fake breaks” as a means to better learn my various drum software libraries and get better about programming realistic drum breaks and processing. If I ever get around to doing this project, I’ll post them.

9 Likes
2 Likes

Great find. He’s got a endearing manner! I’ll dig into the second and third vids at some point. Thanks!

1 Like

the lower the quality the better the break! preferably under 1mb file size too

The second video has the best examples I think.

1 Like

this is pretty cool but its not free - has lots of the classic breaks including amen etc

all the beats are chopped and looped - says its for digitakt but im using with model samples.

1 Like

Si is a top gent and the inherent Cornishness of Barry is an absolute joy.

4 Likes

i might have downloaded all of these the other night. it’s a goldmine. thanks!

1 Like

Anyone have a link to this? Thanks!

1 Like