Cistern Chapel Samples

Hi Folks, over the past several years I have had the pleasure of recording in the Dan Harpole Cistern Chapel at Fort Warden State Park in Port Townsend, Washington. The cistern is a concrete, underground, 2 million gallon empty water tank with over 45 seconds of natural reverb. Here are some free samples or just have a listen if ya like… Love, M:S Supernewb
Cistern Chapel Samples

17 Likes

thank you again :slight_smile:

My pleasure! Cheers…

1 Like

:clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

1 Like

Thanks, very useful!

1 Like

Make me wish for 50 seconds long samples! Thanks, sounds beautiful.

3 Likes

thanks, will try them in my tasty chips ecr 1 reverb

1 Like

Hey, great idea! The only problem is the recording had a lot of other noise from two other people in the cistern at the same time. Any movement (footsteps mostly) made for a messy recording that day. I’ll check it out…

Let us be judge what sounds messy :smiley:
Noise + reverb = :heart:

1 Like

That’s a great point. (says Super Newb) Ok- it’s on!

2 Likes

Ive been to the Sistine Chapel. It has a great reverb to it. And the paintings are a bonus :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have never seen the Sistine, but I bet it’s a lot nicer than a giant hole in the ground! lol

hey, would you mind re-uploading the samples? i tried to get into the cistern recently but it was locked :frowning: I would really appreciate being able to hear them!

1 Like

Welcome to the Elektronauts

if Op didn’t respond and the mods are OK,
i have a copy of this. as a side note: nice interesting samples!

5 Likes

I would also be interested in hearing them. Sounds like a unique group of samples.

Oh geez, it IS the cistern. I think I’ve known people who’ve had residencies there, I’ve seen Jherek Bischoff play work inspired by one, so far as I’ve heard there was a group that got themselves locked in and it became a safety issue, was sealed off to the greater public.

I wonder if it’s back in use?

Also hello @marc3026! I may not know you locally but appreciate you for sharing this :slight_smile:

1 Like