Cirklon V2

I would love to buy the Cirklon V2. Don’t think it will work but who knows…

TL DW?

I’m also curious about this.

I’m clueless and not very bright but I can’t help but think that elektron sequencers with a few tweaks could compete with it. (I would love individual pattern per track :D)

This, and saving each external instrument MIDI configuration, and acting on all trigs or groups of trigs at once…

1 Like

It looks like it could survive a bomb blast. And cherry switches are my fav. Complete control over patterns and trigs minus LFOs’s/timestretching. Its like an Octatrack minus the pain?? Yes/Maybe?? thoughts.

It won’t work, as Sequentix won’t do a transfer. The only way to do it would be to buy from someone in the queue who’d purchased it when there time came up.

I can see why the company won’t do it. As any unwanted Cirklon preorders would then be offered to the next person in the waiting list.

2 Likes

To me the Elektron sequencers have the Cirklon beat on immediate, intuitive tweaking. Particularly as they integrate with the instrument they’re built into. But aside from that, the Elektron sequencer is nowhere near as capable in terms of the scope of usage and customisation.

It would be hard for me to articulate, but the two recent videos on the Auxes and Accumulators really show how powerful it is.

When my name came up in the waiting list, last August, I was in two minds whether to purchase, and I did so only because I had the knowledge that I could easily resell it if I chose. But now I’ve used it on some synths and learned some of its capabilities, there’s no way I’d get rid of it.

I must point out though, that it’s definitely not a shortcut to creating magic, and in fact sometimes it can be the converse. A little thought is required for setting up the advanced features. Also, because you have soooo many options on the device, sometimes you need to exercise restraint or you can end up creating an incoherent mess.

Anybody who has the funds when their name comes up, should give it a go. It’s the best way to fully understand the potential.

5 Likes

Hi
I have a few thoughts before accepting the email(when it comes). Do i need much hardware or is it overkill. I have about 3/4 boxes analogue/keyboard synths stuff. Do you have much hardware connected at the same time. Just thinking about the workflow. Cheers.

1 Like

Currently I am not missing a sequencer. I am happy with what the Octatrack can do with my synths and the Rytm can do to synth and drum stuff, but if I somehow can bring up the money when my name is called, I will buy it.
The one thing that I might miss are LFOs. Would be great, if there would be a LFO Aux Event, that (re)triggers the LFO und has it running from there on.

1 Like

I think 3 to 4 synths is more than enough. I know many people drive a full studio of synths with it, but it’s not necessary. Using it with 1 or 2 synths is often fine.

1 Like

I would imagine keeping it a simple and small setup to begin with would be the best option. Focus more on the Cirklon without trying to integrate it right away in a large scale studio. That would be my approach.

1 Like

4 Virus TI and you run out of MIDI Tracks :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Remember, you can also use it to sequence soft synths as well.

2 Likes

Yes, exactly. It works very well for this, and with its range of options for inter-track play, you can do some really good stuff with soft synths, and also fx.

Yes, with the general “tragedy of the commons” persons would absolutely sell their place in line and it’s a good way to ensure the more serious customers receive theirs first. It’d be cool but seems a more stable way to ensure happier customers and less flaky customer support snags.

3 Likes

Depends what the person wants to do I reckon. I am personally not interested in complicated sequencing and programming sounds. Almost 4 years have passed and I moved to organic sound creation/manipulation. Ticks my boxes.

1 Like

For trying and discover Cirklon, one multitimbral or two mono timbral are enough (plus a drum machine ;).
But, keep the others, because the main job is programming music in Cirklon, then the synth can change at taste (the instruments definition, once recorder, help the immediat change of synth. So once Cirklon programmed, play synths knobs is great.
Imagine that you can program several midi chanels on a unique pattern :yum: (it’s a bit like the Program change on the midi MD tracks).

Yeah, fair enough. I was thinking more about those who might be on the fence about it but had the surplus cash to buy it. It’s a risk free purchase, as you can always sell it on and get you money back.

1 Like

for me the best part about it is that it’s the centerpiece to a hardware-based studio with many synths and drum machines (20 or so, I guess). you can select any instrument from a list and start sequencing it immediately; or decide you don’t like that and just send the sequence to another instrument. but that doesn’t mean you HAVE to have a bunch of hardware to use it. if you’ve seen the Benjamin Damage videos, you’ll see he’s got a relatively modest setup; a few synths, a few drum machines/samplers, some effects and a mixer. but he gets a lot of mileage out of the Cirklon, and it’s the heart of his setup.

and like mentioned above, when learning it, it may actually be best not to have too much stuff going. I read someone said he hooked it up to the Volca Sample for a weekend and worked his way through the manual; said it made the Volca really come alive!

4 Likes

Genuine questions. What makes this better than every other sequencer out there and already available to buy right now, hardware or software? Is the sheer rarity of it part of the allure here?

2 Likes

Independent track length. Tight midi timing between all your modules. XOXO layout for triggers. Pretty display.

3 Likes