Cirklon V2

I dug out my left over parts from the upgrade… the Ck1 battery (at least for me) was thru-hole.

sounds like I should update my OS just to make sure I don’t lose anything. to be honest, I usually just wipe out songs after I’m done with 'em. but I’d really hate to lose my instrument definitions. I’d probably just sell it then :rofl:

Colin confirmed it was a dodgy batch of batteries that was causing them to run out so quickly.

5 Likes

@Nikarga, Moving this here. I do not use the elektron sequencers

1 Like

Hey there, ok nice. So yeah, i dont really use the Cirklon to sequence my elektron boxes… I quite enjoy the limitations/workflow of their sequencers.

I’d love to try it though. If you have an instrument definition for say the MD, MnM or OT, I’ll gladly give it a go and see if i can apply something similar to the Avalon.

1 Like

I sequence elektrons and Avalon from Cirklon so feel free to ask anything.

I like the Avalon sequencer and performance abilities - but it’s more useful for me to sequence it with Cirklon’s song mode. And transpositions by scene, and fill mode and aux events etc…

Also you can create about 15 riffs in Cirklon in the time it takes to create 1 or 2 in Avalon - as using the sculpt feature in p3 to input note data is very powerful

2 Likes

does the Avalon have a good midi implementation? how do you manage modulation?

Does anybody here have both a Push 3 Standalone and a Cirklon? I would be curious to see a contrast/ comparison between the two from someone who has used both.

1 Like

Basic implementation, only cut off is addressable via MIDI CC.

In terms of modulation do you mean the on board modulation envelope? If so this can be triggered by a MIDI note so I just have a seperate track for it. You could do in one track but I prefer to separate it.

1 Like

is there’s no way to trigger different patterns on the Avalon with the cirklon?
what about things like slides accents etc?

Not sure on external pattern change but I would imagine it can via pgm change message.

Accent is any note above a certain velocity value and un-accented are below that value.

Slide is done just via Cirklon’s TIE

1 Like

Hi guys,

I’m just posting to say that I’m opening up to more clients for Cirklon tuition. I’ve taught a fair few on using the machine in depth, and can help configure it to work best in your system/studio/workflow and anything else that people need some assistance with.

I’ve used Cirklon for 7 years now and use it in an extremely complicated studio in which it sequences/clocks 25+ instruments across MIDI, CV/Gate, DIN SYNC and analog triggers.

I have also extensively taught various Elektron units, Ableton Live and modular synthesis so can also help in these areas too

Please drop me a PM if interested to hear more :slight_smile:

Thanks

Ps I’ll have a website in the next month or so, with more details as I’m putting more focus on the tuition side of my life after years of doing it via word of mouth.

13 Likes

Surprised to see Barbara mention this week they are now up to November and December 2019 of the list. Appears they have done 13 months of the waitlist since March (Presume many opt out)

7 Likes

Omg. My wife has not found a job yet after being off for 4 months. I’ve waited 4 years for this and I’m only a month or two away and we barely have enough to pay our bills. I’ve had to sell most of my music gear because of her lack of work. Unbelievable.

3 Likes

Doing my best learning the Cirklon and, generally, having a blast. But I’m finding one tiny thing unexpectedly annoying: I can’t figure out how to organize or sort my list of patterns.

Like, when in the Track view and clicking into the Pattern or Fill fields? And it opens up a big list of that track’s patterns to select from? It seems like it’s just displayed in the order created. Any way to change that or move things around? Like I say, small detail but as my song collects patterns it’s getting more distracting.

1 Like

Not sure where you are, but the job market here in the US is really rough. It took a few of my friends close to a year to find a good job after getting laid off. I understand your frustration, I’m sorry this is happening, but blaming your wife - who I assume doesn’t want to be jobless - is a bad look.

1 Like

Sorry I can’t offer help I’m in the exact same boat and was wondering the same thing yesterday. I bet it’s possible via computer but who wants to do all that.

1 Like

So here i am top of the waiting list and just received an email from Rubadub and Sequentix. I feel like on top of Everest lol. Clicking the buy button is sooo hard. I cant decide what wood end cheeks to get ffs. The Walnut has sold out. But does it matter? Anyways i will decide one way or the other. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wish I wouldn’t have gotten the end cheeks only because in my setup the Cirklon didn’t fit with them on (should have measured twice). I think it looks pretty slick without them, personally.

Not the best picture:

11 Likes

What a proove of love to sell all the beloved gear for a future together with her. Of course it is one more hard hit to let the cirklon pass. But obviously he stands clear in his decision.

@therockfrog: I hope better times may come. Maybe a friend or even somebody here can invest the money, have a few months fun with the unit and can give it to you, when your situation has changed and you can pay. If it does not change, he or she can sell it anytime without financial risk.

When I said I didn’t need my reservation, the Cirklon folks said that I could come back at any time to order one. Hopefully the same will apply to you and you can save until you can afford it!

2 Likes