Chromatic mode not working on external midi synths?

I have pad 5 set up to send midi to my monologue. I can get it to play the pattern on that track so its definitely receiving midi but the monologue does not respond to any touch of the pad, be it in play mode or in chromatic mode which kid of puts a dampener on its usefulness for me. All pads and encoders are set to send midi internal and external. Not sure why its not working.

Silliest first. Not muted? :smiley:
Next, check MIDI settings, and make sure note data is allowed to send on the MIDI port (unless using USB).

You MIDI channel SHOULD be set correctly since you can play it out to the Monologue.

Then, I haven’t actually used the AR to send MIDI out before, (short of syncing other devices’ clocks etc.) so I’m guessing there may be some pad-5 specific settings on one of the pages for that voice. I’d go through those, and just make sure there aren’t any local control settings that might be off.

There could also be some further local control settings under the general MIDI settings as well.

That’s off the top of my head. I’m sure someone else will be of more use. :slight_smile:

It’s playing the trigged pattern on the track fine so all the send/connections and channels are fine.

Its just not sending anything the you touch the pads so I can’t play the external synth via the pads so I can’t play in bass lines.

I would bet that it’s a local control or note data output setting then. Not channel related, but pads enabled to play out on that channel. (specifically to do with sending notes using the pad/pads not note triggers in the sequence as you say)

I know where to find those on the Digi/Syn/etc. but generally didn’t do that on the AR, and only output CV and Gate and MIDI Clock from my A4, so I’m guessing someone more familiar with the AR local MIDI settings can help.

Edit: Oh! Just saw your bold edits in the first post. I now see that you have those settings set up.

Still, I would double check that there aren’t more than one. One at the top level Settings menu for MIDI control, and more on the actual track and pad settings once pad 5 is selected. I think there could still be potential to negate those messages.

Just realised the notes in chromatic only go up to c5 too which isn’t going to work with the plans I had. Hmm.