Chromatic mode does not work : (

Maybe I’m just completely stupid but I can not get chromatic mode to function. When I turn on the chromatic mode, I can play on all the pads, but it’s just the same tone on all pads. What am I doing wrong? :sob:

You can enable/disable chromatic for the synth or the sample. Are both enabled?

1 Like

It does work. I thought it was broken when I was using some of the preset kits but when I make my own kit it works fine. I suspect, like SB-SIX said, that it is disabled on the kits that you have tried.

1 Like

I did the exact same thing when I got mine. the default project have some kits with chromatic off.

1 Like

thanks a lot for your answers. It was exactly as you guys said, I just had to put the chromatic ON :smiley:

2 Likes

Im having this issue even tough i enabled both sample and synth chromatic in the sound settings. Any idea why? Might it be because i still have the native firmware with no updates or Im missing something…?

AFAIK the note range is capped to four octaves, perhaps you are trying to go over/under this range? Just a thought…

I know I’m going to feel dumb after asking this, but how do you enable chromatic mode?. I’ve referenced the manual and all it says is how to switch to chromatic mode, but I’m running into the same issue where the pads generate the same key. Bleh -_-

select a track then press function+synth, and set the chromatic setting to the mode you want (sample/synth/both/neither). Now just engage the chromatic mode from the button next to the mute mode button. You can use the up and down cursor keys to go up and down the note range, the note range being indicated by various colours on the pads.

In realtime record mode, you hit the notes you want in the time you want to record it. In step seq mode you press down the trig you want to change and then hit the pad with the note you want to set that particular trig to. (pls correct me if I’m wrong on this, never using the stepseq chromatic input myself so might remember wrong)

Be aware that you don’t have a full 127 note range with the sounds, the note ranges are capped to four octaves. This also means that if you use a tracks tuning setting to “transpose” the root pitch, you might run into the end of the possible note range (ie. setting track tuning to max means that you cannot input a higher note with the chromatic mode at all, only lower notes…)

PS: Do glides affect chromatic input as well? Ie. portamento…

4 Likes

You are awesome, thank you so much sir!

1 Like

Did you fix it, Lynxpoin? I’m having the same issue… :cry:

Fn-[PLAY] for the Kit menu,
Then down-arrow in the display to “Chromatic Mode” and switch it on. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ressurecting this thread in case anyone needs this info. Just got a ARmk2 and took me forever to figure this out.

For me the sound had chromatic mode disabled. To enable chromatic mode:

• select track
  • func + mute
  • scroll down to sound settings
  • yes
  • chromatic
  • use left/right to change mode

Took me almost 30min of random clicking to figure that out. Searching in the manual did not give this info.

Hope this helps someone out there!

5 Likes

Thank You!

The Clap and the HiHats don’t seem to be that useful in chromatic mode. The notes all sound the same. Why is that?

Is it possible to use chromatic mode with filter pings? My understanding was that there is no key tracking, so I think the answer is no, unless I’m missing something. (still waiting to receive my first Rytm this week)

This saved my life making a sampled instrument from the RYTM Bass Synth, thank you!