Chroma Console | Hologram Electronics

Well… maybe the answer is the same than “why are there wars?” or “why so much bad music on radio?” = money? Like give me your money, thank you, bye.

1 Like

Perhaps too many people ordered microcosms on a whim, tried it out and then decided they didn’t like it… would be pretty expensive for Hologram to cover all those returns

I guess the following only applies to shipping in the EU: Guarantees, cancelling and returning your purchases - Your Europe

1 Like

The AH+FX looks way more wild than this. From what I hear in demo, it’s looks like it sound better without FX. I thinks it’s definitivly a kind of lofi-ambient sort of thing.

1 Like

to me it seems more ‘rock-fi’ than necessarily lofi (though totally biased from the demo)

I quite like that it isn’t a pristine AHFX type unit and instead might impart a bit more grungey organic style, at half the price and with guitar pedal simplicity.

4 Likes

I’ve had this in the basket for 2 days… keep going back n forth… one it looks cool and fun to use… be a great little random fx box end of chain and can go on my guitar pedal board…could inspire some cool stuff

Then I start thinking… I bet the drive and fuzz sounds are weak, just use proper drive pedals… the looper seems no use to me… doubt how useful half the effects will be with guitar so doubt it’ll live on my pedal board…

So if it’s gonna be my synth fx box… bit like above… so do I just get AH+FX…(granted its more expensive but I can get it (and return it) anywhere…).

Still 50-50.

So, I just received an analog heat+FX a few days ago. My plan was to mainly use it for guitar FX. While it does sound very nice, the user interface is not fun at all. Creating patches feels tedious as you have to scroll around from menu to menu, so it’s going back. Seems like hologram nailed that part with the chroma console.

I wrote some paragraphs on this in another thread:

4 Likes

Basically we all want AH+Fx quality FX with Chroma UI.

5 Likes

I smell a bit of GAS and FOMO right there. I wouldn’t do it: it doesn’t sound like you really need it. You can always wait for more YouTube demos and, with time, decide if the sound is for you (and also wait until the early adopters start reporting what they don’t like or what bugs there are). You can always order it in a couple of months; you’re not going to miss anything. That’s how I would do it, at least! the Hype is on its highest point right now.

3 Likes

agreed, it is a bit tedious, the gain staing, and all the different menus…

1 Like

I just want to hear drive and fuzz at max …

2 Likes

Then you might as well buy a Big Muff.

1 Like

no midi no buy

1 Like

Have you seen Molten Voltage’s Big Muff midi mod?

2 Likes

You don’t need MIDI if it’s to leave all at Max. Just press the switch :wink:
Or get a Chase Bliss Audio Brothers since the Big Muff Midi is discontinued (@sleepside I had to edit my message as you mentioned it before :wink: )

1 Like

Damn, totally missed it was discontinued, good catch!

Why am I thinking about Bob Marley and the Wailers right now. :rofl:

15 Likes

Certainly because:

2 Likes

It’s kinda been a hang over from not getting the AH+FX… held off getting that so always been looking for a fx box to mix it up… thought about few pedals but put off again…

I always get gas but then before I buy I always step back… I seem to do that with any purchase I do, not just music gear…

But your right, that was I was thinking, hold off for some more reviews of it, launch vid sounds massive over produced and that harp vid review made it sound pretty average. Like folk said, just looks fun and easy to use so can picture it my the setup and making good use of it.

Why did they send the first pedal to a harpist? Are there a lot of harpists out there? And do they buy pedals? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah as cool as that is it’s not a very good demo for us minority non harpists :smile:

1 Like