Chord Machine sounds dull

I don’t even understand what that statement means.

Edit : ok, got it

Lol yeah I’m hyperbolic af. I just want more analog voices. :weary:

Love your sy bits DFAM vid!

1 Like

Haha, thanks! Well, it’s two more analog voices than a monophonic synthesizer though :joy:

However, check the SY BITS challenge thread (I posted some nasty noise stuff there and more), as well as the Syntakt Standalone Thread. I seriously believe the stuff that was created by everyone in those two threads there blows the socks off of everything else on the market.

2 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

i think i’d be down for it :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Model:Cycles is great. Awesome machine for the price and the knob layout / UI is one of my favorites by far on a groovebox.

4 Likes

Perhaps the Roland J-6 is the missing chord machine for the M:C and Syntakt

4 Likes

Yes! Or even a dedicated reverb to turn it into a Pad/ Texture machine :thinking:

1 Like

It’s amazing how quick it is to go from nothing to a fully-fledged pattern with pure muscle memory. While I prefer the ST quite a bit, and I dislike some of the M:C’s sounds I respect the hell out of it. I also love that I can bring my M:C on a plane without really worrying about it getting damaged/ lost/ stolen.

1 Like

I’ll give that a try! So far I did that only with the pitch. LFO->overdrive exists as option on the Syntakt as well, and there’s also distortion on top of that.
The overdrive seems to be stronger than on the M:C as well.

3 Likes

Yeah I would be curious to hear about the results (or hear them) I guess my thought is because volume is tied to the distortion it is just going to have a different effect than what happens on the Syntakt, also it could partially have to do with the headroom being lower on the M:C where this sort of distortion ends up causing some pseudo limiter based compression effects on the rest of the tracks. Hopefully I get my mitts on a syntakt someday soon lots of tool to play with in it.

1 Like

There’s definitely something to be said for the character of the distortion on the M:C, especially to way that it interacts between tracks due to the low headroom, as you pointed out.

I do think that you can replicate that character with the Syntakt if you wanted to, but it’s also much more open and versatile in terms of what it can do with the various different distortion options.

3 Likes

Sunday with the Syntakt chord machine and some Analog Four in the background. Not sure what style of music this would be. Maybe Acid-Jazz? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I enjoy the chord machine haha.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cetzx36AJR4/

1 Like

Chord Machine it at risk of becoming as recognizable as the 808 cowbell - worked for the 808’s prestige

3 Likes

It doesn’t make the kind of biting chords I can get out of my Nords or Pro 2.

But those don’t make the kind of chords that MC or ST can make, either (sending LFO to waveshape+inversions is mental).

So I accept it for the fun little unicorn that it is. :unicorn:

4 Likes

Honestly this is why I don’t use it - I don’t like how much the chord machine’s character shows through. It sticks out way too much to me and I wish it was a bit more neutral-sounding. That said, LFO to waveshape like AdamJay suggested can be a load of fun.

2 Likes

Same here.

Also, Elektronauts put me into constant scare that my hihats could sound like M:C.

2 Likes

I’ve just embraced the hats, I love them so much. But they do stand out more than I’d like.

2 Likes

it would be a good target for some sysex SCWFs … monomachine style … if electron choose to open it up.

It seem more likely than an outright sample machine

a little slice of Spitfire Soft Piano or Strings would go nicely

3 Likes

that would be such a dream come true, and a great homage to :elmm:

I want a monomachine so bad!

4 Likes