Choose preset bank via midi

Hi,

In Heat+FX is there a way to choose preset bank A, B, C or D via Midi? Normal way of sending bank message and program number does not seem to do the job in Heat+FX…

No matter which bank value I send to it it always chooses from bank A. Even if I choose manually another bank (say C) and then only send program it still takes it from bank A.

Manual does not say anything about how to deal with these banks when you use midi to trig presets…

YEAH can only get bank A to react, mentioned it in the feature request a while ago, would love if the currently selected bank would be the active bank to receive program changes.
or some other way of quick bank copy and paste or swap so i can swap things out depending on the setup/live situation i’m working in.

OMG it really is this stupid…?!? I was sure thet I am missing something relevant here. This really limits usage of Heat+. Hopefully they fix this soon.

not sure it’s stupid., there’s 127 PG positions, there’s 127 * 4 preset positions over the banks. which is a treat and loads of options.

a way to chose banks would nice QOL for sure.

IMO it’s stupid or even a bug or mistake. I can’t see any real reason why it’s like this. You should either (1) be able to send bank + prog messages and choose whatever preset from whatever bank or (2) choose bank manually and from that bank take your (midi program change) preset. I’d prefer 1 but I could live with option 2 too. 2 is quite similar that other Elektron’s have when you load a project.

Btw I already sent a support ticket to Elektron about this. Let’s see what they say.

Ok. New info:
Elektron support confirmed that it is a bug which will be fixed with next OS update.

1 Like

Ok. Now we have a new OS 1.01.

On release notes there’s mention about bug fix "The support for BANK and SBANK MIDI messages was missing.”. So I thought this would correct the issue which I described above. But to my surprise it seems to behave like before. Sending Midi Bank message does not change bank, it always takes presets from A. And it does this even if you manually choose another bank (B,C or D) and also if you only send program message (NOT bank).

I am a bit confused about this… what this "The support for BANK and SBANK MIDI messages was missing” was ment to fix?