Chicago Nauts Unite!

Thanks for checking!

1 Like

That’s cool that you got to chat with him. I’ve seen a couple of interviews with him, and he seems like a cool, down-to-earth dude.

It was a great night, a really solid show. And I am also a big fan of DJ Heather. I got to see both Derrick Carter and DJ Heater again a couple of weeks ago here at West Fest. Some nice energy that weekend.

2 Likes

With Function Ones…nice.

At Audiotistica 2001 Carter was closing the house stage, and Heather (who’d played earlier that night which was also the first time seeing her) had come out in the audience to dance. At first I thought the substances kicked in for round two, as she was dancing next to me, and I couldn’t tell if it was really her or if I was just hallucinating. They both slayed it that night. Carter encored with the Greenskeepers “Low and Sweet” which was the first Swing House track I’d heard, and it thumped on that system.

2 Likes

That’s awesome. I also would have thought I was hallucinating in that moment.

1 Like

eyeball eyeball!

Spending summer with the family in the Chicago area (north of the city).
Its a 50 minute train ride from the burbs though so not so easy just to pop downtown, but it happens. We went to the Art Institute when this photo was taken.

Sticking around for another 3 weeks before we head back to Poland.

5 Likes

Knobcon 2023 is second weekend in September. ( thread )

I’m playing a dubby set on MPC and mixer this Saturday at comfort station as OVC. These day glow/night beams events are pretty cool.

2 Likes

Friend just gave me a heads up on his upcoming event. Should be a good time.
https://ra.co/events/1765127

3 Likes

Moving to Chicago around the end of the month.

Excited to get to a city with quality food and music to explore :smiley:

3 Likes

Bring or obtain a warm coat. Winter is coming. :cold_face:

2 Likes

Already handled :wink: and boots!

2 Likes

This Saturday Headless Horseman is headlining a night of all live hardware techno sets. He primarily uses Elektron gear.

Wish I could make it but sadly the weekends are part of my work week and I can’t be out until 6am 🥲

5 Likes

Wow! Headless Horseman is so dope

1 Like

When does one discover said secret location? Would love to go to this!!!

3 Likes

Typically you’ll provide contact information when you buy a ticket and they send out the exact location the day of the event.

1 Like
4 Likes

My friend is getting married in Chicago this spring and was looking for a DJ to play Cantopop (his fiance is Chinese and he is an Asian film professor). If you know anyone like that please let me know! Gig would be paid of course.

3 Likes

Did anyone here make it to the headless horseman show? I was too knackered.

Last one!