Chase Bliss Generation Loss MKII

Keeeepiiiiiit.
Go the GenLoss into the Softfocus for shoegazery.

I don’t think I’ll ever part with the GenLoss, mainly because I’m totally not going to try and make all my vocals and spoken word samples sound like Skinny Puppy.

1 Like

So how is everyone finding the genloss with Line level going through it? What bypass are you using?

some news from chase bliss from TGP:

2 Likes

Glad they are working on a solution for these issues

1 Like

are they saying that the loss of bass is due to the latency or that those are two different issues?

Unclear, there’s some part of Joel’s message above that indicates that latency and “sound” are related:

It seems like it’s trending towards us providing an alternate firmware update that would cut the latency roughly in half but potentially make the pedal not sound quite like we want.

It’s unclear if “not sound quite like we want” has anything to do with the bass frequency cut that people are describing get with the pedal, so I guess the answer is “maybe”?

Personally, I haven’t had issues with either latency or bass freq. Not at all trying to diminish other people who have that as a big issue, just as way of saying it’s cool to see a company that is legitimately trying to please all parts of a vocal customer base and take customer bug reports seriously and developing a parallel firmware so that people who are concerned about those things in particular can get what they need and folks who aren’t can also stay on the version they know already.

2 Likes

I had an old Catalinbread fuzz that would put my bass guitar a half cycle out of phase when summed into my speakers I’d lose all my low end, it wasn’t noticeable with a regular guitar, bass/full frequency pedals need extra care when being built and tested

Working well set to line level, and if you can dial down the input level the Saturate on the pedal works much better (if too hot, it’s just OD).

Using true bypass, and the DRY set to SMALL or UNITY for less or no loss of bottom end :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks @JamesM - I must be doing something wrong as its horrible on a send from my mixer. Even into a Reamp box its clipping (when set to DSP bypass and off). Lots of gain stages that way though, so sure I’m being an idiot

Yeh I realised the source (Blackbox, OB~6, AR, Walkman, bluray player) really had to be at low output, to take full advantage of the saturation pot, and get better mileage out of the algorithms. And that’s with the pedal set to Line level.
I compensate with the GenLoss volume pot if necessary, which sounds perfectly fine.

4 Likes

I don’t use any of the pitch shifting on the Thermae. I just use it as a straight up analog delay. They are both just different flavors of analog delay for me. Both are awesome.

1 Like

So far I’m just using the FLWR to get a really nice polished clean sound. I’m using the DRV mostly for light dirt - which is weird because I bought it to use as more of a high gain type sound, but I prefer it for light/mid OD. I’ll probably move the FLWR to the end of my dirt chain and use it as a boost. It has an insane amount of gain on tap (43 dB’s I think) if you want to pummel the front end of a tube amp (which I haven’t been able to try yet with the FLWR).

My rig is just mono.

1 Like

Xmas came early for me this year: I was on the waiting list for the next batch and didn’t expect to receive it before February, but I found a guy selling a brand new one locally from the 1st batch! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: A mega shout-out to the Chase Bliss sales team, they were impeccable in cancelling my pending order without any hassles.

I love this effect so much ever since the 1st Gen Loss came out, it’s going to be hard not to slap it on everything I record in the near future. :roll_eyes:

Here’s my first run with it, in all its fucked-up tape glory:

9 Likes

That guy says hello:) Glad you’re enjoying it. I always mean to ask if folks are on here but always forget. Have fun.

4 Likes

ahahah I had no idea you were here too! Thanks man, I’m having tons of fun with this thing. :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Wow, really liking this! And that video…

2 Likes

Thanks man! It’s really a big improvement compared to the original version (which I had before), there’s much more granular control over the effect.

PS: I’ve been listening to your new album all day, it’s pretty amazing! What gear did you use? it sounds killer!

1 Like

Thank you so much!

I did put a list in the description of each Track on bandcamp for the Machines used but not for the FXs.

FXs used :

• OTO BIM, BAM, BOUM
  • Source Audio Ventris and Nemesis
  • Hologram Microcosm
  • CXM 1978
  • Eventide Space and TimeFactor
  • Vermona Retroverb Lancet
  • Finalizing with a slight touch of Izotope Ozone Elements
2 Likes

9 Likes

:rofl: :orange_heart:

You did unmask me.