Chase Bliss Audio MOOD

I know, it’s a very cool, apricot combination of “Whoa, cool” and “Ooops” :slight_smile: but if you dig its texture, I’m finding that nothing really bad ever comes out of it. It’s a big sweet spot on a loop.

I got mine yesterday and chained it up today with Novation Peak -> Mood -> Ventris.
Awesome!
jamuary video will follow.

2 Likes

I am very interested in this pedal. Also in the new blooper. I wonder how controllable this pedal is in a band context

It feels like one big happy accident. Results are unpredictable but awesome. In a sampling and resampling context, that’s cool. On stage, not for me to say😊

3 Likes

@circuitghost your use of this pedal caught my attention and now I’m intrigued. You know I’m interested in “unpredictable but awesome.” I may have to check this out…

Fuck it, this video and Amazon’s 1 day delivery made it too tempting to resist.

2 Likes

Not very much controllable. Circuitghost brought it to the Point. One big Happy accident.
For more Control, Turn to Mimeophone/Eurorack or software(iPad maybe too?)

2 Likes

Ok. Good to know :slight_smile: So more of a studio tool

Depending on the amount of control you need, the options are:

1. Store up to 2 or so presets onboard the pedal
  2. Get Faves switch and store up to 6 presets
  3. MIDI

All true. But even with presets and midi, it’s just a mess of a pedal when it comes to using it in a predictable way. But that’s why we love it.

I got another track coming here where I’ve used it some more, to create a stereo field of harmonics and stuff all over the place.

I’ve find a neat little trick, where I loop a lead or chord progression or something into the Mood. Since the loop itself is quite short, it stays within a certain harmonic range and becomes applicable to almost anything related to the track, as long as you keep the original content. Essentially like a warped version of something you already like, like a looping canon.

Line up a few of those, let them bounce around the main lead and you got like the main lead as the lead singer and then little chirps and chatters around it, being other parts of the choir, so to speak.

Will upload a simple version of what I mean within a day or so. Track’s done, but them kids keep doing stuffin the diaper, absorbing my creativity into stuff even great Cthulhu would shy away from.

3 Likes

You’ll love it. Got another track coming where I’m using it some more. If you haven’t pulled the trigger already, I’m just gonna keep these coming until you do :slight_smile:

1 Like

BTW, I’m in a band. Will let you know how it works out in a band context.

The reverb/delay side is as usable as any other reverb/delay pedal, if you use only that side. There are a bunch of reverb/delay pedals that cost just as much and don’t have the microlooper side of MOOD at all. Note that the reverb is really a variation of the delay design - don’t expect anything fancy like convolution, IR loading, etc.

The microlooping side should be useable in a band context depending on how the song is structured. You would have to use your own creativity to decide at what spot(s) of the song to use it, and a bit of preparation beforehand in the sense of either storing a preset or having worked out in advance where to turn knobs.

Start/stop of the microloop is a fast operation - the right side footswitch does it.

1 Like

I would like to have a pedal that let’s me add looped material but highly transformed. Sounds that don’t necessarily sound like a guitar. Pitched and timestretched loops. No traditional looping. My role model would be Radiohead’s Ed O Brien. Adding “alien sounding”, background filling stuff…
Hard to describe.
Looking at mood, blooper and red panda tensor at the moment.
Tensor looks most controllable, mood looks most fun :slight_smile:

Ah, what the hell, here it is. This one has the Chase Bliss Mood all over it. And I do mean it, it’s everywhere. Out of control, it is.

11 Likes

MOOD can definitely timestretch and change pitch of loops. Reverse playback is also possible, as well as stuttering, etc.

It’s a happy accident pedal - no denying that.

I’ve thought about putting in one of the Klein Bottle send-return loops but am now considering putting it at the very end of my pedalboard chain

1 Like

very nice :ok_hand:

1 Like

I’m sure both were posted before, but does not harm to repost these.

I watched them the first time to make sure this pedal would be useful to me before buying. I watched them again after I got my MOOD to help learn how to use it. The manual isn’t bad but it’s always nice to see video and sound in action.

2 Likes

Yeah. And it doesn’t really make sense until you just try it. But then, I found it was quite easy to grasp, once you got the hang of the relationship between the two parts. Haven’t touched the switches, though. I’m too scared.

1 Like

I’ve tried with a midi 3,5 cable adaptor but the behaviour isn’t expected, I think you need a midi to 6,35 adaptor. Anyway, I’ve tested controlling with CV and It’s pretty awesome:

Whoa I had totally dismissed this pedal as just the latest boutique “thing” of the moment, but after watching that video I’m completely sold! What a cool piece of gear. If they released a version with the dips on the top as toggle switches, I would probably buy. That’s the one completely incomprehensible choice, what a pain in the ass. Why not just go with a bigger pedal and put them right on the top, even if they stayed as dips instead of toggles. I get that it was probably cheap to board mount the dips and have them stick out the back, but this thing is seriously expensive, come on now. Or, get rid of the huge MOOD text, put the dips in where that was. Also, why is the MIDI on a full size 1/4 jack? Even with those downsides, it still looks so awesome.