Changing the Octave on MIDI tracks

Hello, I’m new to Digitakt and Elektron gear so I have a “maybe” stupid questions:

1.- I am using 1 miditrack to trigger an Korg Monologue connected via MIDI DIN, but how a change the octave to play bass sounds… One configured, I enter Chromatic mode, then I can change the octave with “Rtrg/Oct+ and Rtrg/Oct-” but I can’t reach the most lower octaves.

2.- How can assign a Root key to a sampled sound (a Bass or Lead sound for example), in order to play chromatically and in tune with other sounds??

Thanks in advance.

1. Go for into the TRIG settings under the right hand encoders and change the root note for that track. It’s C4 by default (I think). You can change this on a per ‘trig’ (step) basis by holding down a key and dialling in a new note.

2. Same as above but then play chromatically, root note will be far left bottom key.

:sunglasses:

Chromatic mode is limited to a few octaves for some reason… Would like to see this change in a future update as you can play a wider range with a external keyboard, both for sample and midi tracks. Don’t makes sense to me

1 Like

@elpiulas
Go to the source (SRC) page of your trigger and lower the A knob (TUNE) by -12 semitones

Then when you go into the chromatic mode you will have off set the same enough to lower the whole chromatic mode by 1 octave

Go to +12 semitones to raise the chromatic mode by an octave