Changing the 'active' Track on an Octatrack from a MIDI controller

The manual says (page 106):

Blockquote1. Set pedal 4 so it transmits MIDI note 69, an A note. This will move the focus of the active track to the previous track. If for example track 2 is active, pressing this pedal will make track 1 active.12. Set pedal 5 so it transmits MIDI note 68, a G# note. This will move the focus of the active track to the next track. If for example track 2 is active, pressing this pedal will make track 3 active.

This is erronous, it’s inverted: 68=> previous and 69=> next (FW1.30D) which makes sense on a footcontroller. I don’t see a bug but an error in the manual, that originates in the midi implementation chart where indeed it says 68=>up and 69=> down but these are visual references (T1=top, T2=one down)

2 Likes

1.24? :thinking:
I did try to install the A4 OS into the OT with great hope but alas twas still an OT, and didn’t even make any noise… :smile:

As far as 1.25H, I just have my OT and AR with me and AR pads don’t play high enough in chromatic mode. I’d have to do MIDI loopback, we’ll see…

4 Likes

this dosen’t seem to work for the MIDI tracks? I have it working for the Audio Tracks

I’m still searching for a solution on this as well. My ultimate goal is to get ‘CC DIRECT CONNECT’ to work correctly, I’m facing very similiar issues like @charliebay in this thread:
Octatrack bidirectional response MIDI issue

In my specific case I’m using a Nord Drum 2, I’d like to achieve one out of two things:

• switch ND 2 channels depending on which MIDI track is active on the OT
  • switch active MIDI track on the OT depending on selected ND 2 channel

However, none of this is possible. The OT doesn’t send any MIDI messages when switching the active track (doesn’t matter whether it’s audio or MIDI). And while you can inc/dec the active audio track as stated above, this won’t work for MIDI. Right now the only workaround is to always make sure that the selected MIDI track on the OT and the respective channel on the ND 2 match…

@Elektron please make the active MIDI track accessible as well, this would heavily improve the ‘CC DIRECT CONNECT’ feature!