Changing projects without silence? (looper)

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

cool

I think pigtronix work if you don’t create a midi link
just manually set the same mob
then nudge your new tune to let the audio fit together…

It needs MIDI sync if there is a beat that needs to go on, otherwise it’s really hard…

If you’re looking to change projects, you’re going to have to resync manually by ear. Ableton lync might go some distance to automating this. Or maybe check out innerclock or maybe the clock from roland? Also I don’t remember what it is called but there are the midi tools that big acts use for fault olerance that might do it if you want to throw money at it.

I don’t think anyone has suggested the Eventide H9 or Timefactor yet.

I use the looper on the H9 MIDI synced to my Korg Electribe at the moment and it’s works really well.
(Hopefully replacing it with a Digitakt sometime this year)
The sync is rock solid, even if you keep the loop running for ages. It has all the usual looper functions - decay, overdubbing, a filter, etc.

It does Stop playback when it receives a MIDI STOP message and it sums the audio to mono for playback so it might not work for the OP.

You can also use it as the MIDI clock source and sync everything else to it, which might get around the start / stop issue.

I really like Wouzer’s transition trick too. Just wish there was a simpler way to create transitions with the Digitakt, without involving a looper or a pre planned workaround. Hopefully it will come.

With kp3 this is not a problem
An external clock will solve the problem

1 Like

Yes, the KP3+ with the Updated fix of the Midi Clock Issue works fine for that.

i changed setup
now i have a pioneer djm 450 and a second digitakt
simple and very effective