Changing patterns without changing parts?

I’ve been experimenting with parts and using them as a way of changing up all of the sounds on a pattern instead of using the standard ‘1 part for 4 patterns’ layout and have come across a problem:

I can run a pattern, change parts and every things fine - the pattern plays back with different samples. Now if i change to another pattern then the part will automatically change to whichever part I had previously used with that pattern.

This is clearly very useful in most situations but what I’m trying to do is change patterns and keep current part active. Is there a way to do this like with Classic/Extended on the MD or is a feature request required?

Patterns are linked to parts, and there’s no way to “go classic” on the OT, if you know what I mean. Unfortunately, you’d have to change the Part manually (or copy the pattern and then change the Part to keep the original).

If your working in the same bank you just have to select the part you want then save (
if its in a another bank then youd have to copy and paste the part

as i understand it , all patterns within a bank default to part 1 unless they have been otherwise linked.
so yes your suggestion would work if all the following patterns in the bank remain at their default…but it would also mean you would always have to finish your previous pattern on part 1 and save it.
you couldn’t for example save part 3 and move onto your next pattern that is at default or linked to part 2 .
what wascal is requesting is to have the option that your next pattern in the bank always defaults to the part last in use by the previous pattern, whatever that happens to be.

yeah but that would lead to loads of problems, if for example like me you have diferent songs on different patterns saved to different parts
What i would suggest in a live jamming config is A allways work in part A
B copy your part that you want to use to all the patterns you intend to use, (or just define which part they use) before you start jamming,then save that project, you can always load it up and do what you want wih it (providing you dont overwrite it!)

I understand it would cause horrible problems for a lot of existing sets but it would be useful to have the option - its quite fun using parts to switch up the entire sound pallete in a couple of button presses;)

part/pattern link threw me for a loop on how it works as well

I think the manual should have certain things in bold :slight_smile:

i.e. a pattern will always be linked to the last part that it used