Changing patterns on the Octatrack/AK/Rytm via Midi

so yeah two years later I just figured it out how to change patterns from the mpc live on the octa immediately. the solution is quite simple. you have to set ALL of your patterns on the Octa to “USE PRJ SET” found under function+bank. Under function+mixer you go to control -> sequencer and set the pattern change “chain after 2/16”.
You could also set this individuality on each Pattern, but I think this the fastest way.

So I have now Midi CC for Bank Sel MSB and Prog Change on 01:01:00 on my MPC and the pattern changes immediately to my selection when the track on my MPC loops. The only thing I have to figure out is if there’s a way to send this message “per pad” as one could with jjos. Probably mute and unmute would be a workaround for now.

hope this helps for people that are searching for a way to do this like me.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, this is fantastic, l was just searching for this. It works, at last a solution🎸

Immediate or after 2 steps ? :thinking:
No offset ?

It doesn’t make sense to me either. I tried it and there IS an offset of two steps… Has anyone found a way to do this affectively?

Mpc Live? Still no possibility to send Prog Changes when you want (step edit)?

I guess this is more in response to @son_error. I followed their instructions for sending program changes from my MPC Live to my Octatrack, but this creates an offset of two steps on the change instead of an offset of one bar, which was the original issue. I feel like I’m missing something.