Change note of all trigs in sequence

Hello Elektronaut familia!

One of a few questions I intend to ask, however here goes:

When I have a sequence set on a track (this is mostly with the MIDI tracks that I would like to know) but I want to change the pitch of all the notes in the sequence, how would I go about this?

Is the only option to create a new pattern? This is fine, however it would be nice to have a quick-change option so when I am sending MIDI notes to external gear I can experiment a bit easier.

Thanks everybody

iirc holding the track button and up/down arrows is the path to transposing in semitone increments - never tried with MIDI tracks, but expect it’s the same

and this does it for all trigs within the track?
edit: could just go and try it lol

I was wondering about the digitakt and transposing. I’m not in front of it now, maybe it works there as well?

It won’t work in the same way because the function of the up/down arrows on the Digitone is transposition (whether it be octave or note) However on the Digitakt they are used for the retrigger function, which you can use to change the note of whole sequences easily as it would only be one trig, just with retrig on.

However, 17.55 in this video shows a much better way of doing it - a lot of amazing tips in this as well. Guy is an absolute hero!!

2 Likes

it may have transpose, i don’t know the DT, but it doesn’t have quite the same UI as DN so may be different - it does work in DN midi mode btw, but it’s a soft transpose - so a track keeps a note of transposition - on the analog boxes you can have a soft transpose but you can also stamp it in so it’s fixed

The DN has pattern transpose too fwiw

1 Like